235 MILITARY OFFICIALS ENDORSE TRUMP CRITICIZE OBAMA/BIDEN RECORD.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 am
Mommamia wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 am
29again wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Do you bitch and moan this much about the primary process, when most candidates don't even get a chance to get on the ballot in half the states? How is THAT fair?

Your analogy is not even close. Nobody gives one candidate more votes than they earn. It's not like one side gets more votes because they are black/female/a minority/etc. Each STATE has its number of electors. They vote according to how the majority of their state voted. It's not a secret.

I think that Trump has way more support than the dems realize, so the election will not as close as you think.
It's appalling how many people, especially the dems, don't have a clue why we have the Electoral College.
v

They don't seem to understand that We The People do not actually elect a President. We vote for Electors who vote for President, according to the wishes of the people who voted for them. But the Elector has the vote, NOT US!
And now and again, an elector will go rogue and not vote the popular vote. About half of the states have laws against electors doing that.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Watch how the far right tide turns with regard to the EC after November, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Do you bitch and moan this much about the primary process, when most candidates don't even get a chance to get on the ballot in half the states? How is THAT fair?

Your analogy is not even close. Nobody gives one candidate more votes than they earn. It's not like one side gets more votes because they are black/female/a minority/etc. Each STATE has its number of electors. They vote according to how the majority of their state voted. It's not a secret.

I think that Trump has way more support than the dems realize, so the election will not as close as you think.
It's appalling how many people, especially the dems, don't have a clue why we have the Electoral College.
v

They don't seem to understand that We The People do not actually elect a President. We vote for Electors who vote for President, according to the wishes of the people who voted for them. But the Elector has the vote, NOT US!
Everyone understands that. Who is this they? We’ve evolved since then. We can join the rest if the world where each vote counts equally. We don’t need electors as if we are little children. We all decide where we live in this country and don’t need to give a lift to states where people do not choose to live in.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm

v

Everyone understands that. Who is this they? We’ve evolved since then. We can join the rest if the world where each vote counts equally. We don’t need electors as if we are little children. We all decide where we live in this country and don’t need to give a lift to states where people do not choose to live in.
And see, it's precisely because we have 50 states that we just cannot operate the way a country the size of ONE of our states does. I know those who live in CA and NY think they are the only citizens who matter. However the citizens of SD and WY and MN would argue with that. It is not "giving a lift" to anyone. It's letting the small states have a voice same as the big states. I'm sorry that is so hard for you to understand, maybe get out of your F***ing bubble once in a while and see how the rest of America lives.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:12 pm
29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 am v

And see, it's precisely because we have 50 states that we just cannot operate the way a country the size of ONE of our states does. I know those who live in CA and NY think they are the only citizens who matter. However the citizens of SD and WY and MN would argue with that. It is not "giving a lift" to anyone. It's letting the small states have a voice same as the big states. I'm sorry that is so hard for you to understand, maybe get out of your F***ing bubble once in a while and see how the rest of America lives.
No need to swear to get out of my “F***ing bubble”. I understand as well as you do. Just don’t agree. We all live in the US. Why should someone who chooses to live in a rural state need to get their vote counted more?

Small states elect representatives to exclusively represent their rural states with two senators and a number of congressman. Wyoming with their 500,000+ population gets two votes in the senate. California with 40,000,000 population also only gets two votes. Some of the smaller States are complaining about not having enough congressmen even though they have tiny populations.

How often do you travel around the country?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 am v

Excellent response.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm

No need to swear to get out of my “F***ing bubble”. I understand as well as you do. Just don’t agree. We all live in the US. Why should someone who chooses to live in a rural state need to get their vote counted more?

Small states elect representatives to exclusively represent their rural states with two senators and a number of congressman. Wyoming with their 500,000+ population gets two votes in the senate. California with 40,000,000 population also only gets two votes. Some of the smaller States are complaining about not having enough congressmen even though they have tiny populations.

Every state gets 2 senators. Every state has a different number of representatives based on the states population. So, the more populated a state is, the more votes it has. California will always have more votes than Wyoming simply because more people live in Cali. California, as a STATE, has more votes than all the other states. But there is no reason why states like WY or RI should have NO votes, which is basically what you are advocating for by eliminating the EC. It's like you think only the people in certain states should have a voice in electing the President, and there are a lot of people who think otherwise.

I can't quite figure why I need to explain how elections work to you....
And apparently the way primaries work is no problem for you, but the presidential election with the EC is a huge issue. I honestly don't get that. I think the primaries are way more FUBAR'ed than the presidential election is.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Excellent response.
Thank you. It really isn't that hard to understand.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 pm

Excellent response.
Thank you. It really isn't that hard to understand.
You need to understand that elitist snobs can't see beyond the end of their noses. They have no common sense and a low level of comprehension.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Every state gets 2 senators. Every state has a different number of representatives based on the states population. So, the more populated a state is, the more votes it has. California will always have more votes than Wyoming simply because more people live in Cali. California, as a STATE, has more votes than all the other states. But there is no reason why states like WY or RI should have NO votes, which is basically what you are advocating for by eliminating the EC. It's like you think only the people in certain states should have a voice in electing the President, and there are a lot of people who think otherwise.

I can't quite figure why I need to explain how elections work to you....
And apparently the way primaries work is no problem for you, but the presidential election with the EC is a huge issue. I honestly don't get that. I think the primaries are way more FUBAR'ed than the presidential election is.
I’m happy you remember and are able to recite your high school history lesson on how the system works. What you don’t seem to be able to do is discuss why it may or may not be time to change it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic