Do you give fat homeless people

Imacarolinamom
Villein
Villein

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 pm
Imacarolinamom wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 pm My husband keeps a ziplock bag of goodies in his truck to homeless people.

It has the tuna and crackers snack, a fruit cup, toothbrush and small toothpaste, a small soap, and two bottles of water, a mcdonalds gift card.

He usually gives them to homeless vets.

He has also been known to buy coats from thrift stores and them to shelters.

I usually do not give anything, sadly.
your DH is a kind man

Around here unfortunately there are a lot of scammers. People post up same place every day and try to appear homeless and they are just taking money and cashing in. So because of those types-I am wary of helping anyone.

There is one family that posts up in the same spot near a walmart all the time and its a Dad, Mom, Dog and several kids. Seen them there all the time because its the walmart near by son's dance studio and I am there several times a week killing time while he dances.

If they were hard up-one of the parents could be out working instead of asking for handouts all day long making the kids stand out in the sun all day long. Its ridiculous. I know they are scammers.

That would make my husband livid. I have seen him offer a job to people like that, and they had a million excuses not work sadly.

He is good at reading people, and tries to look out those who are really in need. He grew up really poor and it breaks his heart to see someone hungry.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I used to rent a room to a vietnam vet that knew all the guys that stand on the corners around here. He said absolutely never give them any money; they are all scammers. I figured he would know. So I give them nothing now.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

MC08 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:00 pm No, I give them fast food.
I bet they like that!
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

MC08 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:01 pm Oh, and Mad Dog 20/20
Yes!
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 pm I don't really recall seeing any fat homeless people here. DH does in general though. I don't. If I gave to all of them I'd go broke.
Most of the homeless people around here are fat.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm I once offered to buy a homeless man a loaf of bread and a package of lunch meat instead of money. He said can i pick it all out and add cheese?
Did you say yes and take him grocery shopping?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I do not give money to panhandlers. I have no idea if they are homeless or not.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Lunarprancer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm Yes. What is your deal with fat people?
I don't have a deal.
Reedusstalker

Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 pm
Reedusstalker wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm I once offered to buy a homeless man a loaf of bread and a package of lunch meat instead of money. He said can i pick it all out and add cheese?
Did you say yes and take him grocery shopping?
No. I bought him what I said, a loaf of bread and lunch meat. I offered food to him, he doesn't get to take advantage of it or ask for more.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

AZLizardLady wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:39 pm I don't help out the homeless based on my guesstimate of what the scale might say about their weight.
I do. The only fat homeless people I give to are severely disabled, like missing limbs etc.
Locked Previous topicNext topic