Is this part of getting old? Warning TMI, period questions

BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My periods have never been regular, except in the last 6 months for some reason.....and except for this time. *sigh*

Because it’s not regular I never know when it will start but I’ve never had an accident. In the 25 years since I started my period never once have I woken up to a mess. Until today.

Is this yet another thing I have to deal with the older I get?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I honestly have never known when mine was going to start. It's just so random. The doctor told me it's not anything to worry about since it's always been that way. However if yours just started doing that, you should probably at least call your doctor and see what they think.

Good luck!

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mine has gotten lighter and shorter the older I get. The only thing consistent about it though is that I always start first thing in the morning while sitting on the toilet and I always get the cha-chas the night before.
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 am Mine has gotten lighter and shorter the older I get. The only thing consistent about it though is that I always start first thing in the morning while sitting on the toilet and I always get the cha-chas the night before.
Usually for me it’s first thing in the morning as well. Never in the middle of the night.

Ugh. Hope this is a one time thing.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's all over. I've started keeping track. I vary from 21 days to 29/30. It's NEVER consistent and it starts when ever it wants. Welcome to middle age.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mine started getting very irregular about six months ago. I like that they’re sometimes farther apart, but it does suck trying to predict them.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine has always been random. Even in the middle of the night. And one time it was in the middle of the night at a hotel which means white sheets! I have no clue how it didn't get on them.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sorry that happened. I haven't experienced that yet. Mine are still fairly regular, within a few days anyway, and I always spot for a couple days before the real flow starts. It's a really nice warning system.

I have this small worry in the back of my head though. I'm 42 years old and I know when my mom was in her mid-40's she started bleeding so heavily. It would go on and on and on non-stop and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. Their solution for her was a hysterectomy. Since we women tend to take after our mothers in this department, I'm just a bit fearful that I have the same fate in my near future.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mine was never on the spot either, It always varied. But in my 30's I would get tell tale sign of back pain of the impending visit. Sometime the day before, sometimes as much as 3 days before. So glad I don't have to deal with periods any more.
...MyLove...

Unread post

Mine is light and short. About 24 to 48 hrs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic