House passes bill requiring weapons transfer to Israel

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a mostly symbolic bill that would force the Biden administration to end its suspension of shipping bombs to Israel.

The measure also criticizes President Joe Biden for initiating the hold and would stop funding of the State Department and the National Security Council until deliveries resume.

The bill passed comfortably 224-187 as 16 Democrats joined with most Republicans to vote in favor. Three Republicans voted against it. The White House has said Biden would veto the bill if it passes Congress, and the Democratic-led Senate seems certain to reject it.
https://www.newsnationnow.com/world/war ... er-israel/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A recent poll showed that 80% of Americans side with Israel and 72% approve an operation in Rafah. Those are the votes Biden just kissed goodbye. The only problem right now is RFK, he’s dividing the vote against Biden. There are people that are disappointed in Biden and now after his recent anti Israel actions they absolutely won’t vote for him or democrats- and I’m talking former hardcore democrats- but they can’t bring themselves to vote for Trump and I understand. I absolutely hate the fact that I’m going to have to do that because there’s no other choice to remove Biden and his anti Israel and antisemitic fellow Democrats from power.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm A recent poll showed that 80% of Americans side with Israel and 72% approve an operation in Rafah. Those are the votes Biden just kissed goodbye. The only problem right now is RFK, he’s dividing the vote against Biden. There are people that are disappointed in Biden and now after his recent anti Israel actions they absolutely won’t vote for him or democrats- and I’m talking former hardcore democrats- but they can’t bring themselves to vote for Trump and I understand. I absolutely hate the fact that I’m going to have to do that because there’s no other choice to remove Biden and his anti Israel and antisemitic fellow Democrats from power.
I’m not fond of polls because it depends on who does them. I tried doing paid surveys and I swear I’ve done the same politic one several times with the same questions. That being said, Gallup shows different results. Hence why there’s protests across college campuses. NPR just had a news report of charity workers being killed after clearing with the Israeli army what road they should take. I’m not happy with Israel personally. Antisemitism is a problem but I can’t see Trump caring about anyone but himself. I can’t speak for RFK but I think I’d rather vote for the moldy food back of my refrigerator than either of them. I hoped for a decent Republican but she didn’t make the primary. Until the GOP crawls out of Trump’s butt I can’t have any respect for them.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm A recent poll showed that 80% of Americans side with Israel and 72% approve an operation in Rafah. Those are the votes Biden just kissed goodbye. The only problem right now is RFK, he’s dividing the vote against Biden. There are people that are disappointed in Biden and now after his recent anti Israel actions they absolutely won’t vote for him or democrats- and I’m talking former hardcore democrats- but they can’t bring themselves to vote for Trump and I understand. I absolutely hate the fact that I’m going to have to do that because there’s no other choice to remove Biden and his anti Israel and antisemitic fellow Democrats from power.
I’m not fond of polls because it depends on who does them. I tried doing paid surveys and I swear I’ve done the same politic one several times with the same questions. That being said, Gallup shows different results. Hence why there’s protests across college campuses. NPR just had a news report of charity workers being killed after clearing with the Israeli army what road they should take. I’m not happy with Israel personally. Antisemitism is a problem but I can’t see Trump caring about anyone but himself. I can’t speak for RFK but I think I’d rather vote for the moldy food back of my refrigerator than either of them. I hoped for a decent Republican but she didn’t make the primary. Until the GOP crawls out of Trump’s butt I can’t have any respect for them.
"In his campaign speeches, the former president has pledged to dramatically expand ideological screening, use federal law to “deny entry to all communists and Marxists,” and to revoke the visas of “radical anti-American and antisemitic foreigners” enrolled at US colleges and universities."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/19/politics ... index.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The data she is referencing I believe is from the Harvard Harris poll which has been “partially” used and cited in a few publication. I don’t believe the results of Gallops really shows different results, Gallop asked a different question.

I’ll put both here for easy comparison purpose.

Gallup: Do you approve or disapprove of the military action Israel has taken in Gaza? March 2024: 36% approved 55% disapproved 9% no opinion. November 2023: 50% approved 45% disapproved 4% no opinion. Should be noted there was an increase in those following very closely, not closely and decrease in those not following it at all.

Harvard Harris:

In this conflict do you support more Israel or more Hamas?
80% Israel 20% Hamas

Should Israel move forward with an operation in Rafah to end this war with Hamas doing its best to avoid civilian casualties or should it back off now and allow Hamas to run Gaza? 72% move forward and 28% back off.

Here’s a link to the top line. It’s actually an interesting read.
https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-conten ... opline.pdf
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:39 pm
"In his campaign speeches, the former president has pledged to dramatically expand ideological screening, use federal law to “deny entry to all communists and Marxists,” and to revoke the visas of “radical anti-American and antisemitic foreigners” enrolled at US colleges and universities."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/19/politics ... index.html
Trump doesn’t even seem to know the differences of Patriotism, nationalism, and Americanism(though the later has been used incorrectly it’s all but lost a clear definition)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic