Riley Gaines demands athletes BOYCOTT Adidas for having biological male model pose in new women's swimwear campaign that

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:41 pm I already did. Let’s do some research, let’s truly find out what the scientific reality is and tune out all those social voices trying to push an agenda aside. Let’s make actual guidelines according to what the science shows us is fair and correct, not out of wanting to be PC. And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in. We could just say “screw it, you were born a man, compete with the men”. But that’s not right either. Asking for a way to make this fair isn’t transphobic in any way, and neither is asking for some patience and adapting in the meantime.
Hey, as a less than 1% minority myself, I don’t see anyone bending over backwards to try to accommodate me. I adapt and move on.

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:29 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:19 pm That’s because those guidelines were made based on social issues rather than medical ones. Proof is that the first Olympic guidelines stated that for transgender athletes to compete in the opposite gender of their birth, they had to have at least 2 years of hormone therapy, have to undergo gender reassignment surgery and be legally recognized as the opposite gender. The guidelines were softened a bit because it would’ve been problematic for athletes from countries that didn’t recognize S*x change surgery or gave legal status to transgenders. So they were softened over social and political reasons, not scientific ones.
Prior to de mid 70s, before the first transgender athlete coming out as such, athletes competed agains those of the same S*x they were born in. So maybe now it’s time when this issue is being addressed, that we do things right this time. Find a fair solution to all. Don’t punish the athletes that are happy with their natural born bodies because less than 1% of the population doesn’t feel the same way. It’s not their fault that they were born straight and ok in their bodies.

What in your opinion would be "do things right this time?". What do you feel would be fair not only to cis-gender athletes but transgender athletes? Currently we're talking about .02% of the population of athletes so what rules should be in place that is not discriminatory but is fair?
"And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in"

Are you comfortable with that statement?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah. It’s a consideration when you yourself said there are so few. It would be so easy to just dismiss it and not giving it a second thought. But thing is, we are and that’s a good thing. But we have to do it right, we have to do it with facts and not just for political or social reasons. We can’t be unfair to many to accommodate a few. We have to find ways to be inclusive in fairness. But for that, we need facts. And in order to get these facts, research will need to be done. That takes time, money and resources. So yeah, it’s a consideration that’s being made for 0.2% of the population, according to your numbers.
WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:15 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:41 pm I already did. Let’s do some research, let’s truly find out what the scientific reality is and tune out all those social voices trying to push an agenda aside. Let’s make actual guidelines according to what the science shows us is fair and correct, not out of wanting to be PC. And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in. We could just say “screw it, you were born a man, compete with the men”. But that’s not right either. Asking for a way to make this fair isn’t transphobic in any way, and neither is asking for some patience and adapting in the meantime.
Hey, as a less than 1% minority myself, I don’t see anyone bending over backwards to try to accommodate me. I adapt and move on.

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:29 pm

What in your opinion would be "do things right this time?". What do you feel would be fair not only to cis-gender athletes but transgender athletes? Currently we're talking about .02% of the population of athletes so what rules should be in place that is not discriminatory but is fair?
"And, as you said, considering it’s such a minority, it’s actually a big consideration to even bother in finding them a place they can feel comfortable in"

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:30 pm Yeah. It’s a consideration when you yourself said there are so few. It would be so easy to just dismiss it and not giving it a second thought. But thing is, we are and that’s a good thing. But we have to do it right, we have to do it with facts and not just for political or social reasons. We can’t be unfair to many to accommodate a few. We have to find ways to be inclusive in fairness. But for that, we need facts.

Idk the stats, I’m just going off experience. But competing in sports regardless of gender isn’t limited to just transgender.

For example, a few friends of mine are lesbian and would have preferred to compete with men but don’t identify as transgender.

The next generation has a completely different mindset, so we may be surprised at how many have no problem with it.

But we need to find a solutions, especially for these kids because they are caught in the middle of these political pissing matches. So we owe them answers that actually lead to results.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought your unisex category comment was good. Maybe it could be a solution to these issues.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:52 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:30 pm Yeah. It’s a consideration when you yourself said there are so few. It would be so easy to just dismiss it and not giving it a second thought. But thing is, we are and that’s a good thing. But we have to do it right, we have to do it with facts and not just for political or social reasons. We can’t be unfair to many to accommodate a few. We have to find ways to be inclusive in fairness. But for that, we need facts.

Idk the stats, I’m just going off experience. But competing in sports regardless of gender isn’t limited to just transgender.

For example, a few friends of mine are lesbian and would have preferred to compete with men but don’t identify as transgender.

The next generation has a completely different mindset, so we may be surprised at how many have no problem with it.

But we need to find a solutions, especially for these kids because they are caught in the middle of these political pissing matches. So we owe them answers that actually lead to results.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:55 pm I thought your unisex category comment was good. Maybe it could be a solution to these issues.
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:52 pm

I can’t think of anything else but red states will never spend money on it. They would rather spend money on stuff that stirs up mess.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:04 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:04 pm On the subject of advertising for 'gendered' clothing...

This picture came up on my FB news feed as an ad for tights.

snag tights.jpg

Honestly I like the ad and it kind of makes me want to recreate the look for myself. I'm digging the shorts/tights/combat boots thing.

I've also seen on FB (not an ad) of a guy who likes to go to work dressed in button down shirt and suit coat on top but then pencil skirt and heels on bottom. And honestly he rocks it IMO. And for him it's not about being transgender or a cross dresser or anything - he just likes the look and finds it comfortable, so he wears it.

So is it really so out there to think that some men might want to wear a leotard-style swim suit? And what reason, REALLY, do women have to be upset about it? Are we getting possessive about clothing or what?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... s-29420863

I'm with is wife. I wish I had his legs.
Yup, that's the guy I was thinking of. And yes, he looks much better in those outfits than I would.
Locked Previous topicNext topic