COVID in hindsight!

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:58 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:35 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:28 pm

I don't know what twilight zone you're living in but as a result we have a shit ton more choices in regards to eating out/ groceries/ etc. than we had before the pandemic. Also, my tits will not be calmed. Once the bra is off, those things are wild.
How unkempt.

We have more choices when it comes to movies at home.., that’s it.
I call bullshit. Before Covid the only restaurants that delivered were pizza places and if you were lucky your local Chinese establishment. Now just about everywhere does. Before covid you'd have to get groceries yourself or rely on a friend. Now you can order on line and sit in your car while they're loaded or have them delivered.

Tits being out in the comfort of ones own home is not being "unkempt". Unkempt is when you don't wash them for weeks on end and they've got flaky crust from dead skin cells and goodness knows what else in the folds. I wash my tits thank you very much, I just don't calm them.
I’ll one up you… I remember on cafemom a lady who kept getting nipple discharge while pregnant but refused to shower. Good times lol…

But seriously, getting food brought to us is the biggest plus we got… movies come out on demand earlier… that’s e not enough of a benefit that we should be so easily reticent of our thoughts on bodily autonomy…
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know what twilight zone you're living in but as a result we have a shit ton more choices in regards to eating out/ groceries/ etc. than we had before the pandemic. Also, my tits will not be calmed. Once the bra is off, those things are wild.
How unkempt.

I call bullshit. Before Covid the only restaurants that delivered were pizza places and if you were lucky your local Chinese establishment. Now just about everywhere does. Before covid you'd have to get groceries yourself or rely on a friend. Now you can order on line and sit in your car while they're loaded or have them delivered.

Tits being out in the comfort of ones own home is not being "unkempt". Unkempt is when you don't wash them for weeks on end and they've got flaky crust from dead skin cells and goodness knows what else in the folds. I wash my tits thank you very much, I just don't calm them.
Really? I just looked and our grocery store had the click and collect or delivery dating back to 2014. Many restaurants were offering delivery way before Covid as well. Yes more jumped on the bandwagon during COVID but completely expected when in my area they were completely shutdown
Thing is I have never used either service. Think I may be one of the very few who has not used a delivery service
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:27 pm

That wasn’t the choice in a lot of places.

It was show your vaccine card, or don’t come in.

You talk about “natural consequences as though Mother Nature is doling them out… that isn’t the case.

Calm your tits my love… I was vaccinated.

My debate is about whether or not we allowed that choice to extend to others.
How unkempt.

Yeah, I would like to know what these "shit ton more choices" are that she speaks of. It actually permanently closed down businesses, so there are less choices.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:30 pm

How unkempt.

Really? I just looked and our grocery store had the click and collect or delivery dating back to 2014. Many restaurants were offering delivery way before Covid as well. Yes more jumped on the bandwagon during COVID but completely expected when in my area they were completely shutdown
Thing is I have never used either service. Think I may be one of the very few who has not used a delivery service
In my area only pizza delivered. Door dash wasn't even active around here until Covid. No grocery delivery either. We are a decent sized rural city too around 55,000 in population.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The whole covid thing was sad. I feel bad for the kids. It definitely made me rethink how I viewed some people for good and for bad. I am thankful that I live in an area that allowed kids to go to school. Sports still happened. I saw how hard it was on a lot of kids. That hurts my heart.

I saw people turn on people who didn't think the same way. I saw families torn apart because of different views. People who would talk to people if they knew they were not vaccinated. It was shocking at how people took others personal choices as a personal attack.

The whole covid thing made me want 40 acres in the middle of no where. I could grow my gardens, orchards and animals and not depend on the grocery stores. That's my goal at this point. I hate the city and grew up on a farm and would give a lot to be back on one. This just showed me how badly I need/want to be on a farm.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Effective quarantines always feel like an over-reaction.

Because you don't get to experience what it would have been like without it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Angry? That is not the reaction I generally have about Covid. lt was, and still is, a threat to many people and I feel sad that so many choose to make it a political position rather than have compassion for fellow Americans. It did not have to be seen that way.

We may never know if schools going remote was the best choice. It came at a great cost for socialization and education for many students. But we cannot know what increased illness and death may have resulted if schools and other public spaces were not closed.

I can only recall needing to show a vaccination card when getting outpatient surgery. And I live in a fairly populous area.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:10 am Do feel any of you OR your loved ones feel angry or upset in hindsight after the pandemic?

My husband is obsessed with “Monday morning quarterbacking” the media, the public health officials, the drug companies, and politician and their handling of COVID. He watches CNBC every AM, which is mostly the economic aftermath, which seems to fuel his fire. He brings it up multiple times a week and accuses me of gaslighting him any time I tell him he is over-reacting and being dramatic. He feels he was lied to, and is really angry.

I believe it would help him, if I could muster being equally angry and upset — and guys, I cannot. The media is biased. Medicine is a long game, research changes our practices all the time. And politicians, seriously, if I got upset everytime they are paid to make choices, well, is that not the majority policy items and elections? Come on…in general, I think the policy makers did the best they could with the information they had. I think now, with more information, mistakes were made, but whatcha going do? Why be angry?

Today we got in the most ridiculous fight over the Travis Kelse 2 for 1 immunization commercial. I love the husband so much, but i do not understand him right now, which is probably fueling his fire…
Just curious - what exactly is your DH angry about? What does he believe was a lie?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 pm

In my area only pizza delivered. Door dash wasn't even active around here until Covid. No grocery delivery either. We are a decent sized rural city too around 55,000 in population.
I am honestly really surprised at this. In my area we have SkipTheDishes (Canadian version of Door Dash) and it’s been operating since 2012 in my area. As I said it started with limited restaurant and exploded during COVID but we still had plenty of home delivery options prior to 2020.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 pm

I live in a town of 400, county of 12000, lol. We never had delivery (other than a few industrious individuals) and still don't but during Covid we had curbside pickup of groceries and restaurant orders and that has continued post Covid. Pre-Covid, we had 5 restaurants, post Covid we have 8 restaurants and 4 regular food trucks so food choices are definitely better. In addition, we have partial curbside services for vet clinics, library, farmers market, plant nursery, etc which started during Covid and have continued. During Covid our food bank delivered bags and they have continued post Covid.

I think one of the lessons learned, at least in my county, was how many residents were unable to shop in person for a variety of reasons not just Covid. It's nice to see businesses still working to accommodate those individuals. It just makes good business sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic