Trashy Republicans have taken over the party

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:36 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:24 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 pm

Yes, once the speech was over she sat and quietly ripped up her copy of the speech. It was bad manners. Most people thought it was rude and uncalled for. But nothing tops Marjorie in her all white outfit standing up and sounding like a fishwife after a few drinks.

And this was definitely not a southern thing. These clowns were from all over the country.
MTG embarrassing the south was my comment, I know you’re talking about Republicans.

It doesn’t matter if Nancy was more passive aggressive about it. She still did something disruptive to protest a sitting President. I can admit that I laughed because I can not stand Trump’s guts and I find Nancy to be the queen of slick shade. But I’m not gonna act like she wasn’t being petty and Republicans are only guilty of that behavior because that’s not true.

I’m not saying you can’t think what MTG did was worse…I do too but the goal here shouldn’t be the lesser of 2 evils IMHO.
Nancy was super petty but the casual look on her face while she was neatly tearing them up was funny.

She was dressed to kill and politely ripped that bitch up wondering “who is gonna check me?” 😂😂😂😂😂

Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are both petty and funny as hell. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I hope we (America) managed to create at least a few memories that we eventually look back and laugh about.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 pm
Aletheia wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm A perception deliberately fostered by people attributing fake quotes:
https://www.pinterest.com/jdh6941/aoc-stupid/

If you actually listen to a full speech by her, she is clearly far from being a moron.
I will call her severely uneducated in many issues, especially about foreign policy. And she’s easily brainwashed.
AOC is what our elders use to call an educated damn fool.
I think she is book smart but is dumb as a bag of rocks outside of that.
Watch this video of her when she's being professional and doing her job, rather than performing for an audience:

Whatever else you might think of her, a sub-normal IQ just doesn't match the reality.

And her having a sub-normal IQ is the perception deliberately created by the memes gleefully being passed around on multiple fight-wing forums that I visit.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I read the title and knew which ones would come up. I didn't think it was a Republican blanket statement.

I agree that Greene is trash. She goes the extra mile on her performative antics to get press, then hops on Fox News to bask, brag, and bitch.

Her SOTU theatrics cemented her as the republican trash queen. I guess we can refer to Greene as RTQG😉
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:41 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:56 pm I’m non-partisan myself. I’ve voted for both parties in the past. I think both have pros and cons. But TBH, I’ve seen quite a bit of hypocrisy from the liberal side that they refuse to acknowledge. When you point it out, they always defend it with something like “well, but the republicans are the ones shoving their views down our throats!!!” Nope. BOTH sides do that. Just because their side seems more “accepting”, it doesn’t mean they are. They’re in fact very intolerant, but they hide it behind a mask of goodness. At least with Republican extremists you know what you’re dealing with. With extreme liberals, you don’t. They confuse strength with evil and weakness with goodness and fail to see that that’s not always the case.
I mean, you probably read one of the replies here to the fact that BOTH sides have extremists and BOTH sides have pros and cons. Oh yeah, it’s the extremist republicans are evil oppressors, but the extremist democrats are just trying to make the world a better place… 🙄
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:12 pm

There isn't a statute of limitations on Republicans. You see them in this thread blaming Trump for what happened at the potato's SOTU.

Everything the Democrats do is perfectly fine, absolutely reasonable, and has a completely plausible explanation for. There is an endless stream of justification, no matter how ludicrous they are. They reside in clown world.
Exactly.

I'm soooooo tired of the 2 party system honestly. It's ridiculous now. It's just two wings of the same bird. There is no point.

Then you have these RINOs like Cheney and Romney that claim to be Republicans but always vote along with the Democrats. It's ludicrous. Just call yourself what you are and be done with it so that people know what they're really getting when they select you to represent them.

I think the ideal would be NO party at all. You vote based on the character of the person and what they stand for. How it's supposed to be during campaign season. During the debates. Declare who and what you are. All this two party system does is divide the citizenry further each year that passes. It's run it's course in my opinion.
Romney and Cheney always vote along with Democrats? Absolutely false. Cheney voted in agreement with the Republican leadership/Trump’s policy positions 93% of the time, while Romney voted with his policy positions 75% of the time, but he also never made the fact that he’s a different type of Republican than the MAGA set a secret. They might not like Trump, but they’re absolutely not Democrat-aligned on policy.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/co ... tt-romney/

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/co ... iz-cheney/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:04 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 pm
I will call her severely uneducated in many issues, especially about foreign policy. And she’s easily brainwashed.
Watch this video of her when she's being professional and doing her job, rather than performing for an audience:

Whatever else you might think of her, a sub-normal IQ just doesn't match the reality.

And her having a sub-normal IQ is the perception deliberately created by the memes gleefully being passed around on multiple fight-wing forums that I visit.
This is an example of what Democrats need to quit doing. I’m not talking about one video the fits your narrative. It doesn’t change the multiple times AOC has done something stupid.

AOC is a walking meme….. MTG is a walking stereotype.
AOC is educated with no common sense just like Ben Carson and you need both to tackle centuries of American political trauma.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. Just the fact that she “plays for the camera” when she’s supposed to be a politician, no a freaking clown shows her lack of common sense. That soap opera she threw during the Iron Dome vote backfired so badly because in trying to pander to both sides and she ended up antagonizing both. That also shows lack of common sense and frankly, intelligence and political savvy.
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:24 am

This is an example of what Democrats need to quit doing. I’m not talking about one video the fits your narrative. It doesn’t change the multiple times AOC has done something stupid.

AOC is educated with no common sense just like Ben Carson and you need both to tackle centuries of American political trauma.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 am Exactly. Just the fact that she “plays for the camera” when she’s supposed to be a politician, no a freaking clown shows her lack of common sense. That soap opera she threw during the Iron Dome vote backfired so badly because in trying to pander to both sides and she ended up antagonizing both. That also shows lack of common sense and frankly, intelligence and political savvy.

Exactly. That does not excuse faking handcuffs behind her back as if racial profiling and oppression is something to play with or grand stand about.

I don’t care if she has 50 million degrees and videos on YouTube. That behavior is ignorant and disrespectful as hell to real victims.

The way she panders is nauseating.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OMG, how could I forget about that? 😂 That and her “tax the rich” dress? If that’s not trashy- and I know some find the term offensive, but sorry, sometimes that’s what it is- I don’t know what it is.
She’s like the President of Mexico, pandering to the poor, pretending to be one of “the people”, fighting for them against the oppressive rich, even as far as saying he wouldn’t move to Los Pinos- the presidential residence- to remain humble and a man “of the people”. He claims that he travels commercial on coach (yeah, right) and always shows up publicly in an old Nissan. But it came out that his son has a luxurious mansion in Houston and was caught in a luxury car, I think it was a Lamborghini. It’s also now well known that he lives in a huge, luxurious house in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Mexico City.
And like with AOC, his followers either find excuses, or claim these are lies or just sweep the facts under the rug.
Disgusting people, both of them. Abusing the most needy to further their own interests and agendas. And THAT is why I hate AOC, not because he’s an antisemite and an Israel hater as some people here think. That’s actually pretty common in people like her. They confuse weak with goodness and strong with evil. And they take advantage of the weak this way.
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:10 am Exactly. Just the fact that she “plays for the camera” when she’s supposed to be a politician, no a freaking clown shows her lack of common sense. That soap opera she threw during the Iron Dome vote backfired so badly because in trying to pander to both sides and she ended up antagonizing both. That also shows lack of common sense and frankly, intelligence and political savvy.

Exactly. That does not excuse faking handcuffs behind her back as if racial profiling and oppression is something to play with or grand stand about.

I don’t care if she has 50 million degrees and videos on YouTube. That behavior is ignorant and disrespectful as hell to real victims.

The way she panders is nauseating.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 am as if racial profiling and oppression is something to play with or grand stand about.

“My mother met my father, a Bronx boy visiting isla family, at a young age. They married + moved to NYC – she didn’t even speak English. My parents started from scratch: new languages, new life, new everything. Then came me, and they moved to start over again so I could have an education.”

You think someone with that sort of Puerto Rico heritage has never faced being racially profiled herself?

None of which is relevant to the allegation someone made in this thread, that she is a "moron".

"Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 7 and 10 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Living in the Bronx with her Puerto Rican family she definitely knows about racism. And Puerto Ricans know about colonialism and oppression and being seen as inferior.

Puerto Rican women were Guinea pigs to birth control research. Gamble from “Proctor and Gamble” believed that Puerto Ricans were inferior and should be eliminated to make room for more “fit” members of the population, and birth control was part of that. Gamble was an eugenicist. About one-third of Puerto Rican women were sterilized, many forced. This went on until the 1970s.

She is way too dramatic and it’s a turnoff to watch. But she would have been rounded up with the other brown skinned people accused of illegal border crossing back a few decades.
Locked Previous topicNext topic