Anonymous 9

From a street vendor
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:51 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:53 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:27 pm
I disagree. If masks worked it wouldn't be so bad in the US.

I practiced good social distancing and never needed a mask. Now I don't have to worry about it anyway.
You're lucky. Not everyone can practice social distancing in their place of employment or even in their normal day-to-day life. Masks are a good precaution.
New zealand has active cases again so her bragging is pretty pointless.
Since when?
Anonymous 8

I'm not sure what their numbers are. They may even still be at zero. But as of 8/6, they were recommending the use of masks.
Yoloo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:53 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:53 pm

You're lucky. Not everyone can practice social distancing in their place of employment or even in their normal day-to-day life. Masks are a good precaution.
Since when?
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:13 pm I'm not sure what their numbers are. They may even still be at zero. But as of 8/6, they were recommending the use of masks.

Since when?
I think everywhere is recommending masks. Canada is recommending glory holes. Recommendations don't mean much

I saw on the news yesterday that they were Covid free in New Zealand.
Anonymous 8

I think they are Covid-free. But they got that way by strict adherence to what the government asked of them and by quickly shutting down the entire place for 7 weeks. Even their own officials are saying that they are keeping a close eye on things and don't want to take anything for granted. I think recommendations do mean something. But I understand that not everyone thinks they do.

Yoloo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:18 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:13 pm I'm not sure what their numbers are. They may even still be at zero. But as of 8/6, they were recommending the use of masks.

Since when?
I think everywhere is recommending masks. Canada is recommending glory holes. Recommendations don't mean much

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:26 pm I think they are Covid-free. But they got that way by strict adherence to what the government asked of them and by quickly shutting down the entire place for 7 weeks. Even their own officials are saying that they are keeping a close eye on things and don't want to take anything for granted. I think recommendations do mean something. But I understand that not everyone thinks they do.

According to the government website 23 active cases as of August 9
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/dis ... rent-cases
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

"Active cases are people that have not recovered or died. 'Active' does not mean that these cases are infectious."

Some people take months to recover maybe even years, we don't know. Some may never recover. That doesn't mean the virus is spreading there.
highlandmum wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:05 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:26 pm I think they are Covid-free. But they got that way by strict adherence to what the government asked of them and by quickly shutting down the entire place for 7 weeks. Even their own officials are saying that they are keeping a close eye on things and don't want to take anything for granted. I think recommendations do mean something. But I understand that not everyone thinks they do.

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Yoloo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:11 pm "Active cases are people that have not recovered or died. 'Active' does not mean that these cases are infectious."

Some people take months to recover maybe even years, we don't know. Some may never recover. That doesn't mean the virus is spreading there.

I did not say it was spreading. I said active cases, it also could mean that a proportion of them could potentially spread it. It also means that they technically still have the virus within the country.
Yoloo
Princess
Princess

highlandmum wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:18 pm
Yoloo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:11 pm "Active cases are people that have not recovered or died. 'Active' does not mean that these cases are infectious."

I did not say it was spreading. I said active cases, it also could mean that a proportion of them could potentially spread it. It also means that they technically still have the virus within the country.
Having an active case does not mean someone has the virus or that the virus is still there.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Marcellamoda, Amazon, and N-95s that we got off eBay when the pandemic was just starting. We also have some of the surgical ones.
Locked Previous topicNext topic