Disney World is now open

Deleted User 244

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 pm It surely looks that way. Must have forgotten the anon button.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:59 pm
MC08 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Congratulations! You’ve just asked the most hated MC member because she is so elitist that she can’t possibly exist to own her words. I’m owning my words and calling you both elitist and disgusting. How fun!
What? Are you anon 4?
I clearly intentionally chose not to use anon.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WTH are you talking about? I’m not the one that hid behind anonymity to be insulting and bitchy.
I own all my words, if you chose to twist them into something dirty that’s not on me. Neither me or my husband have anything to be ashamed of. Everything we’ve done with people in our employ has been to ensure their safety and to not have them lose their livelihoods during these times. I’m proud of my husband and what he has done for his employees by paying them while the business was closed, providing them with safe, free, safe transportation, and then not starting to work with full staff every day.
I explained to you that the measures put in place were for the protection of all, by minimizing between different areas of the factory. You’re set in not accepting that explanation, that’s on you, not on me.
Now that you showed yourself I can now put you on ignore, thank you for that! I seem to remember this isn’t the first time you have jumped at me without reason. Now I guessI won’t be able to post tomorrow for 24 hours... oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️
MC08 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:21 pm I will own my words mom2twoboys. Where are your words?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I won't be going to any amusement parks this year. Playgrounds are opening on Friday in my area and we won't be using those this year either. Maybe I am being overly cautious, I'd just rather not deal with having to care for sick family members or getting sick myself.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:36 am WTH are you talking about? I’m not the one that hid behind anonymity to be insulting and bitchy.
I own all my words, if you chose to twist them into something dirty that’s not on me. Neither me or my husband have anything to be ashamed of. Everything we’ve done with people in our employ has been to ensure their safety and to not have them lose their livelihoods during these times. I’m proud of my husband and what he has done for his employees by paying them while the business was closed, providing them with safe, free, safe transportation, and then not starting to work with full staff every day.
I explained to you that the measures put in place were for the protection of all, by minimizing between different areas of the factory. You’re set in not accepting that explanation, that’s on you, not on me.
Now that you showed yourself I can now put you on ignore, thank you for that! I seem to remember this isn’t the first time you have jumped at me without reason. Now I guessI won’t be able to post tomorrow for 24 hours... oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️
MC08 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:21 pm I will own my words mom2twoboys. Where are your words?
How much does your generous, wonderful, philanthropic DH pay these workers per hour? $3?

I’m not being insulting or bitchy. I am simply stating facts.
Melly Jelly 1
Villein
Villein

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:51 am I do not think I would go to a theme park anytime in the near future. We had 129 new cases and 1,470 active cases in our province (13.5 million people), but if Canada's Wonderland opens I am not going this year. It is too risky for these type of things it will be very hard to control social distancing and mask wearing in a park of this size. We however cannot keep things closes forever as both companies and governments cannot afford it, we need to find a balance in how to mitigate the physical health effects while also mitigating the social economic damage and the mental health effects.

We do not know when a vaccine will be in place and when it is in place how many people will opt in to get it. We cannot rely on it, we need to rely on ourselves to do what it right - masks, social distancing, proper hygiene, stay at home when sick, and the sorts.
Chances are good there will never be a vaccine. They have never been able to create one for this family of virus. So yeah I agree we have to learn to live life around it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Melly Jelly 1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:22 am
highlandmum wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:51 am I do not think I would go to a theme park anytime in the near future. We had 129 new cases and 1,470 active cases in our province (13.5 million people), but if Canada's Wonderland opens I am not going this year. It is too risky for these type of things it will be very hard to control social distancing and mask wearing in a park of this size. We however cannot keep things closes forever as both companies and governments cannot afford it, we need to find a balance in how to mitigate the physical health effects while also mitigating the social economic damage and the mental health effects.

We do not know when a vaccine will be in place and when it is in place how many people will opt in to get it. We cannot rely on it, we need to rely on ourselves to do what it right - masks, social distancing, proper hygiene, stay at home when sick, and the sorts.
Chances are good there will never be a vaccine. They have never been able to create one for this family of virus.
You are correct however there may be suitable treatments available that help people who have the disease. But keep in mind also that there could be a vaccine (I really do not we will see a viable one this year and only next year if they are lucky), as we have never really spent time working on a vaccine for this virus.
Melly Jelly 1
Villein
Villein

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:37 am

Chances are good there will never be a vaccine. They have never been able to create one for this family of virus.
You are correct however there may be suitable treatments available that help people who have the disease. But keep in mind also that there could be a vaccine (I really do not we will see a viable one this year and only next year if they are lucky), as we have never really spent time working on a vaccine for this virus.
We spent quite a bit of time looking for a vaccine for SARS which is in this same family. No luck. It’s just not likely. They mutate to fast. Better treatments I have more hope for.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Melly Jelly 1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 am

We spent quite a bit of time looking for a vaccine for SARS which is in this same family. No luck. It’s just not likely. They mutate to fast.
People need to calm down in regards to this mutation issue. It happens to all viruses and is not a big deal with this one. This virus has a lower mutation rate than the flu

https://theconversation.com/mutating-co ... -us-140209
Melly Jelly 1
Villein
Villein

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:47 am
Melly Jelly 1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 am

We spent quite a bit of time looking for a vaccine for SARS which is in this same family. No luck. It’s just not likely. They mutate to fast.
People need to calm down in regards to this mutation issue. It happens to all viruses and is not a big deal with this one. This virus has a lower mutation rate than the flu

https://theconversation.com/mutating-co ... -us-140209
I’m completely calm. The fact remains that when pressed the experts admit there is only about a 6% chance of there being a vaccine in the foreseeable future. I am not pinning my hopes on that.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

I assume the rest rooms will be open. That's kind of scary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic