Debate this

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s a hand shake, if he was treating women bad all around I’d say there’s a problem. Don’t want to/ can’t shake my hand...whatever.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:03 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 pm He doesn't see women as equal. That is a problem. It's discrimination.
Yes he does. Explicitly. It's against his religous beliefs to shake hands
I shook hands with a fellow named Mohammed today. As with every religion, people choose which rules they are going to follow and which they let slide. It's a curious choice for him to make...it's not good for his own career to turn awkward every meeting with women in attendance.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 pm It’s a hand shake, if he was treating women bad all around I’d say there’s a problem. Don’t want to/ can’t shake my hand...whatever.
This.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

She's being a silly whiner. And I say that as an atheist. I'm 99.99999999% certain that his refusal to shake her hand has absolutely no impact on the actual job itself. She'll live without him shaking her hand. That's actually a 100% guarantee.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It wouldn't make a difference to me whether he shook my hand or he didn't.

He has the right to not shake her hand.

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:49 pm I have a colleague who refuses to shake hands of women due to religous beliefs. A female colleague is reporting this male colleague for discrimination.

Who is right and who is wrong? Does the male colleague have the right to discriminate because of his religous beliefs or should the female colleague be subjected to discrimination
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. My husband is an Orthodox Jew, he doesn’t touch women outside the immediate family.
I don’t touch men outside my immediate family either.
Lucky for us, we’ve only met respectful people who aren’t easily offended by something so stupid. I guess some people just have to be butt hurt to be happy. She can’t force him to do something that goes against his religion anyway.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:00 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:58 pm I don't have an answer but I want to know in what religion is it against their beliefs for a man to shake hands with a woman?
I believe orthodox Judaism and perhaps Islam. Maybe one of the Jewish moms can tell us.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He isn’t creating the hostile environment, she is. She could be more tolerant about other people’s religions. Voila! Problem solved.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It has nothing to do with equality. Forcing him to do something that goes against his religion over ignorance like this IS discrimination.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 pm He doesn't see women as equal. That is a problem. It's discrimination.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 5

Unread post

TBH, I don't think the man should have to shake hands with anyone that he doesn't feel the inclination to. He shouldn't need to even say that it's for religious reasons that he wishes to not shake her hand. But if it IS for religious reasons, the one offended is going to need to get over it.

Unless it can be proven that this man is discriminating against someone, I say leave him alone.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:46 am Yes. My husband is an Orthodox Jew, he doesn’t touch women outside the immediate family.
I don’t touch men outside my immediate family either.
Lucky for us, we’ve only met respectful people who aren’t easily offended by something so stupid. I guess some people just have to be butt hurt to be happy. She can’t force him to do something that goes against his religion anyway.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:00 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:58 pm I don't have an answer but I want to know in what religion is it against their beliefs for a man to shake hands with a woman?
I believe orthodox Judaism and perhaps Islam. Maybe one of the Jewish moms can tell us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic