Do you feel people who pay child support

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I understand she’s frustrated, but she’s the one that chose to have a child with a guy with a low income and she’s the one that decided to be apart that guy with low income. Those are the consequences of her choices, and it’s no one else’s responsibility to better her situation. If the guy is paying what the courts determined was the right amount considering his income, then that’s that. He’s doing what he’s legally obligated to do. If she wants something better for herself, then it’s up to her to make it happen.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm An extra room doesn’t double the rent. If anything, he should be paying half that extra room, not half her rent.
And CS is calculated by income. If that’s what the courts determine he can and should contribute, he doesn’t have to pay for “extras” if he doesn’t want to. It would be nice, but he doesn’t have to.
Anonymous 16 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

It calculates the difference between what she’d need to pay for a one bedroom compared to a multi bedroom home. It’s all figured in the calculations

Extra bedrooms in this area add a substantial amount to the rent. Children cost a lot of money. I don't blame OP for her frustration. Her ex should take on a part-time job or get a different job so he can pay more.

$300 here wouldn't cover half of daycare or after school care. $300 wouldn't come close to covering half of what's needed for most children. It's a joke.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that’s the thing. If she uses it to pay half her rent, then she shouldn’t be complaining that it’s not enough for her child’s other needs. Maybe it would be enough if she used it for what it’s meant to be. But she’s blowing a certain amount of it on something it’s not meant to pay for. She shouldn’t be demanding more money when she’s using part of the money she’s getting for something it’s not meant for.
If I have a paycheck that pays for my living expenses and then I decide to take some from it to pay for a car, then I can’t go around complaining that I don’t have enough for my living expenses.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm Half her rent was an example i am staying right on topic . Child support is for tOnhe child needs rent
Utilities Food ext. Who care if she uses it to pay half her rent. Since the child is living with her obviously she is paying for the other needs too. I got $90 one time. I used it to buy school supplies for both of my kids. One of the children wasn't my ex child.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm And that’s a completely different thing from what we were discussing. Sure, he has to pay half the child’s needs, according to his earnings.
But OP said the CS didn’t even pay “half her rent”. It’s not meant to pay half her rent and then all the other necessities. She shouldn’t be using that money for half her rent, she should be using it for half the difference in her rent, for food, clothing, school needs and medical expenses.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 pm
But you also have to calculate his portion to feed the child! His portion of utilities when it came down to. it is way more than what she gets
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:20 pm Well, that’s the thing. If she uses it to pay half her rent, then she shouldn’t be complaining that it’s not enough for her child’s other needs. Maybe it would be enough if she used it for what it’s meant to be. But she’s blowing a certain amount of it on something it’s not meant to pay for.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm Half her rent was an example i am staying right on topic . Child support is for tOnhe child needs rent
Utilities Food ext. Who care if she uses it to pay half her rent. Since the child is living with her obviously she is paying for the other needs too. I got $90 one time. I used it to buy school supplies for both of my kids. One of the children wasn't my ex child.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:09 pm And that’s a completely different thing from what we were discussing. Sure, he has to pay half the child’s needs, according to his earnings.
But OP said the CS didn’t even pay “half her rent”. It’s not meant to pay half her rent and then all the other necessities. She shouldn’t be using that money for half her rent, she should be using it for half the difference in her rent, for food, clothing, school needs and medical expenses.

I don't think people calculate it like that, I don't.
it goes into the bank and is part of the household money and what is needed is done.
Any extras, anything gets paid out of the same account.

Why can't she complain if she think he should do more?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:20 pm Well, that’s the thing. If she uses it to pay half her rent, then she shouldn’t be complaining that it’s not enough for her child’s other needs. Maybe it would be enough if she used it for what it’s meant to be. But she’s blowing a certain amount of it on something it’s not meant to pay for.

Do you have any clue how expensive things are in much of the United States?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

You're not seeing the whole point. $300 isnt shit when it comes to child support she is pretty much supporting her child on her own not to mention if i remember the post correctly he never even sees the kid.. he is a deadbeat dad.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s perfectly fine. But again, she shouldn’t be demanding more money when she’s using the money she’s getting on things it’s not meant to pay.
I can understand just putting everything together and budgeting when you have sources of income agreed upon by all parties involved. But when you’re given money for a specific reason, then you need to be sure it goes to that reason. If you want to use the all-in-one-pile approach, cool. But then don’t complain and demand more money when things don’t add up.
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm

it goes into the bank and is part of the household money and what is needed is done.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm That’s perfectly fine. But again, she shouldn’t be demanding more money when she’s using the money she’s getting on things it’s not meant to pay.
I can understand just putting everything together and budgeting when you have sources of income agreed upon by all parties involved. But when you’re given money for a specific reason, then you need to be sure it goes to that reason. If you want to use the all-in-one-pile approach, cool. But then don’t complain and demand more money when things don’t add up.

Complaints are complaints, people complain all the time. she get $300 - that isn't anything.
she is probably using it for what it is for - food, clothing, shelter, utilities, sports, school fees. The list goes on and on. And of course the mom is the one that is expected to "make do" and dad just can say he doesn't have it. SMH.
Not my complaint, because my ex is ok about it and I don't like to ask anyway.
But I get it.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He’s paying what the law tells him to pay. That’s not a deadbeat dad. A deadbeat dad is the one who weasels out of paying what he’s obligated to pay. And THAT is the point. If the guy is happy and satisfied with his salary and the lifestyle that brings him, that’s his business. The guy’s a loser, but he’s not a deadbeat dad.
And again, OP chose to have a relationship with the guy and have a child with him. These are the consequences of her choice. That’s life. He doesn’t owe her more financially than what the law determines. If it’s $300, then that’s that. She can always ask for more, see if the courts agree with her, but as of now, he’s doing what he’s meant to do.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

You're not seeing the whole point. $300 isnt shit when it comes to child support she is pretty much supporting her child on her own not to mention if i remember the post correctly he never even sees the kid.. he is a deadbeat dad.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm That’s perfectly fine. But again, she shouldn’t be demanding more money when she’s using the money she’s getting on things it’s not meant to pay.

You're hopeless. It doesn't if she uses it pay half her rent of other things. It isn't going to change how much money she has and what she can afford
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If that’s what she’s doing then her complaint shouldn’t be “it doesn’t even pay for half my rent”. Well, that’s probably because it’s NOT meant to pay for half her rent. That’s the point. Her ex isn’t responsible for paying half her rent, he’s responsible for paying half the difference in rents. I’m just addressing THAT complaint.
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Complaints are complaints, people complain all the time. she get $300 - that isn't anything.
she is probably using it for what it is for - food, clothing, shelter, utilities, sports, school fees. The list goes on and on. And of course the mom is the one that is expected to "make do" and dad just can say he doesn't have it. SMH.
Not my complaint, because my ex is ok about it and I don't like to ask anyway.
But I get it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic