Please respond anon, very sensitive topic

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Anonymous 14

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:51 am 430A324F-05FC-468F-9FB2-BF440C9C1BC7.jpeg
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am Here is the US stance:

As doctors have already declared, an abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother. Now again, we are talking about direct abortion. At times, a mother may need an emergency C-section. Doctors will try to save the child, too, but sometimes the child is not developed enough to survive outside of the womb—that is the difference from a direct abortion. Abortions not only kill children, but do so through brutal means. The emergency treatment, however, was done not to kill the child, but to save the mother. The loss of life, which does occur, is both unintended and tragic. We try to save the child, though sometimes we cannot.

An ectopic pregnancy is one such specific instance where the treatment inevitably and tragically causes the death of the preborn child. But again, death is not the purpose.

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am Are you in Ireland?

Can we have a actual medical review?
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

I have. I don't particularly need to respond anon, I regret nothing and I am not not one bit ashamed of it.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

That is not the US stance... that’s another Irish article on afterabortion.org.

They are trying to redefine a word because of their religion.

Abortion means to abort.
To abort means to stop.

When a woman is pregnant, it means to stop the pregnancy.

n
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am Here is the US stance:

As doctors have already declared, an abortion is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother. Now again, we are talking about direct abortion. At times, a mother may need an emergency C-section. Doctors will try to save the child, too, but sometimes the child is not developed enough to survive outside of the womb—that is the difference from a direct abortion. Abortions not only kill children, but do so through brutal means. The emergency treatment, however, was done not to kill the child, but to save the mother. The loss of life, which does occur, is both unintended and tragic. We try to save the child, though sometimes we cannot.

An ectopic pregnancy is one such specific instance where the treatment inevitably and tragically causes the death of the preborn child. But again, death is not the purpose.

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am Are you in Ireland?
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 am ABORTION AND ECTOPIC PREGNANCY
You can still have a healthy pregnancy after having had an ectopic pregnancy, although your chances of conception are slightly reduced.

Ectopic pregnancy is not an issue in the abortion debate. The removal of an ectopic pregnancy is not an abortion and has never been considered as such either under the terms of the 1861 Offences Against the Person Act or the 1983 Eight Amendment to the Irish Constitution. Since the first description of the surgical management of ectopic pregnancy by Lawson Tait in 1884 there has never been even a suggestion that a doctor who removes an ectopic pregnancy should be prosecuted.

There has not been a single death from an ectopic pregnancy in Ireland over the last 20 years, where abortion is illegal.

In Britain, however, where abortion is legal, 4 - 6 women die from ectopic pregnancies each year.

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

No. I haven’t.
My grandmother had an abortion in 1909. Her doctor was one of few in the USA who believed women should choose. He was unusual. He wrote in her medical records that she had a D&C to correct menstrual irregularities!
( yes, 1909)
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Nonviable means the baby is dead or won’t live.
It’s not an abortion
Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am It is still an abortion. So you already had an abortion and you are saying you would never have one?

Lol that is hilarious.
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am Actually I did, in 2008. I had a coworker who crassly accused me of terminating a viable uterine pregnancy because she like me is pro life. However one can’t terminate a tubal pregnancy with a d&c or suction abortion. No, instead your options are getting an I termuscular shot of methotrexate that looks like Mountain Dew If caught before tubal rupture OR having the tube removed if the pregnancy progresses.

So don’t be an ignorant ass hiding behind anonymous status when you compare a non viable pregnancy to an abortion.
Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 am
So if you had a tubal pregnancy you would just die instead of aborting?

That's just plain stupid imo. Why die for something that has no chance of surviving anyway ?
Anonymous 12

You are 100% wrong

Any time a pregnancy ends (short of birth) it is an abortion

A miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion

An abortion for the purpose of saving the mother (like in this case) is a therapeutic abortion
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 am No viable means the baby is dead or won’t live.
It’s not an abortion
Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am It is still an abortion. So you already had an abortion and you are saying you would never have one?

Lol that is hilarious.
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am Actually I did, in 2008. I had a coworker who crassly accused me of terminating a viable uterine pregnancy because she like me is pro life. However one can’t terminate a tubal pregnancy with a d&c or suction abortion. No, instead your options are getting an I termuscular shot of methotrexate that looks like Mountain Dew If caught before tubal rupture OR having the tube removed if the pregnancy progresses.

So don’t be an ignorant ass hiding behind anonymous status when you compare a non viable pregnancy to an abortion.

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am No and never would for ANY reason.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 am Have you had an abortion?

THIS IS NOT A BASHING POST SO TAKE YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS ELSEWHERE!

I ask for personal reasons. Nearly every woman I know has. So no judgement.

That's just plain stupid imo. Why die for something that has no chance of surviving anyway ?
Yep
A tubal pregnancy has to be removed. Or the woman will hemorrhage, possibly die. The baby won’t survive anyway at just a few weeks .
I wonder if many women have no idea what a tubal pregnancy means?
Lots of misinformed women here
Anonymous 7

None of that makes it not an abortion.
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:37 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am No and never would for ANY reason.

Yep
A tubal pregnancy has to be removed. Or the woman will hemorrhage, possibly die. The baby won’t survive anyway at just a few weeks .
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Yah okay
You’re right.
🙄
100% right .
Want a cookie cookie?
Anonymous 12 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 am You are 100% wrong

Any time a pregnancy ends (short of birth) it is an abortion

A miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion

An abortion for the purpose of saving the mother (like in this case) is a therapeutic abortion
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 am No viable means the baby is dead or won’t live.
It’s not an abortion

Lol that is hilarious.

Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

It’s a surgical procedure . To save a life. The baby would be too young to live and could probably already be dead .
How about therapeutic abortion? If you need to use the word abortion....
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am None of that makes it not an abortion.
Libbylu2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:37 am

Yep
Locked Previous topicNext topic