No
24%

Total votes: 90
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Before I start the process of getting an anon button I want to make sure that people still want it. If we have the anon option then the guest option will be gone and everyone will need an account.

I found someone who will make it exactly how we want it. Numbered anons so we can tell who is who, the checkbox, and no screennames showing anywhere including notifications. You will be completely anonymous except to me and the mods.

This extension will cost money. If you would like to donate towards the site then you can on the index page of the milk and cherry light themes (don’t use the H2O theme).

If you donate money then you will also have all ads turned off but make sure you leave your screen name on the donate screen so I know who I need to disable ads for.

Eta: Just so we’re all clear, we are either going to have the anon feature or keep the guest feature. With the anon button everyone will need an account just like the old cm days. Either way there will be a way to post anonymously, we actually have a large number of people who only post as guest right now so I’m not getting rid of an anonymous way to post.

If this changes your mind, you are able to change your vote.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anon 1

Unread post

I think having the numbered anon option is a great idea.
I noticed yesterday on the right side of the page, the section that said if you donated money then we wouldn't see anymore ads.

I have a few questions. Do you have to donate weekly or monthly to remain "Ad free"? How much would you require? What about the people that have ad blockers and dont see the ads, there isnt an incentive for them to donate like the rest of us to be ad free.

Regardless of happens, Thank you for creating and running this site for us
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anon 1 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 am I think having the numbered anon option is a great idea.
I noticed yesterday on the right side of the page, the section that said if you donated money then we wouldn't see anymore ads.

I have a few questions. Do you have to donate weekly or monthly to remain "Ad free"? How much would you require? What about the people that have ad blockers and dont see the ads, there isnt an incentive for them to donate like the rest of us to be ad free.

Regardless of happens, Thank you for creating and running this site for us
No monthly or weekly commitment just a one time donation to help out with the cost of new extensions and maintaining the site. You can donate whatever you want, I know some people aren’t able to donate much or anything at this point and that’s ok.

I guess the only incentive for those with adblocker would be getting to use new features and helping to ensure that the site is always running efficiently.
🤓The Admin 🤓
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Absolutely. I feel like a lot of *anon* and *guest* posts are the same people in one thread pretending to be different.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 am Absolutely. I feel like a lot of *anon* and *guest* posts are the same people in one thread pretending to be different.
Agreed. And it's really hard to tell which guest is which.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

anon is for pussies, but it is what made cafemom entertaining
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m all for anon feature

And I didn’t know donating could turn off ads! That’s a GREAT incentive. Though buying ad space still sounds like fun ;-)
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I do like the idea of need to have an account to post even anonymously and having numbered anon.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I turn my content blocker off for this site only. As I don’t think it’s right for you to bare the burden of the cost.

As far as anon, it doesn’t really matter to me whether the feature is available. But I see it as something that might make things easier for you and the mods as far as monitoring and maintaining the tos as well as policies so I’m down with it.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't really have a preference although if there is going to be a way for people to be anon then having them numbered would definitely make it easier to follow conversations.
Locked Previous topicNext topic