Rep. Jasmine Crockett's viral 'Bleach blonde bad built butch body': coming to t-shirts soon

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:50 pm MTG is a racist bully. She’s always been a racist bully.
I think you’re right and I think she should be removed from her seat…

Our words matter farther than her.

All I’m saying is that the body shaming comment shouldn’t be made into a T-shirt…because it is harmful to more than just her.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is great that you teach your daughters not to be abusive or accept being abused, be it verbally or physically. In this case you can further drive those very points of what you teach them. Like I said, it can be used as a teaching moment for many.

We cannot control what others say. We can only control how we react or not react to it.

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:40 pm She is a bully and she deserves to be censured… in my opinion she should be removed from her seat.

Now we heard that her bullying behavior will be met with more bullying behavior and no one will care how many other people get hurt, we will only care that we got to hurt her.

I don’t teach my girls to turn the other cheek… That’s how to teach them to accept abuse…

I don’t teach them to accept abuse and I don’t teach them to be abusive in return.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 pm MTG is a bully. She is not the only bully. Plenty of girl bullies around listening. And now they heard that MTG's bullying will be received with a pushback. And the girls who are bullied heard that pushback, too.

For those that don't like the bleach blonde butch comment, they can take that as an opportunity to talk to their girls about how wrong it is, to be kind, turn the other cheek, etc.
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:08 am Then talk shit to her about how much of an idiot she is… talk shit to her about something particular to her.

MTG is a classic bully, that doesn’t mean no other girls listening matter anymore.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I told them AOC was the only right one in the situation…

She slipped a bit with the “baby girl” but I don’t think people were hurt by that, and she did what should have been done- move to strike her words from the record.

There are consequences for acting out and people should be held to them. But we should agree that those consequences are ethical.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:08 pm It is great that you teach your daughters not to be abusive or accept being abused, be it verbally or physically. In this case you can further drive those very points of what you teach them. Like I said, it can be used as a teaching moment for many.

We cannot control what others say. We can only control how we react or not react to it.

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:40 pm She is a bully and she deserves to be censured… in my opinion she should be removed from her seat.

Now we heard that her bullying behavior will be met with more bullying behavior and no one will care how many other people get hurt, we will only care that we got to hurt her.

I don’t teach my girls to turn the other cheek… That’s how to teach them to accept abuse…

I don’t teach them to accept abuse and I don’t teach them to be abusive in return.
cgd5112 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:22 pm MTG is a bully. She is not the only bully. Plenty of girl bullies around listening. And now they heard that MTG's bullying will be received with a pushback. And the girls who are bullied heard that pushback, too.

For those that don't like the bleach blonde butch comment, they can take that as an opportunity to talk to their girls about how wrong it is, to be kind, turn the other cheek, etc.

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I meant to elaborate more on my comment but got distracted.

I think what bothers me the most about this whole thing is the focus is more on what Crockett said than MTG’s ongoing record of being a racist bully. I’ve seen it happen too often (hell, I’ve experienced it myself) where the bully mercilessly pokes and pokes and pokes and when the victim finally has had enough and lashes out - THEY are the one that is seen as wrong and out of pocket.
And specifically to Crockett, telling her to “calm down” further pushes that “angry black woman” stereotype when she was just having a normal (and honestly poised) clap back to someone making a racist dig at her.
I just don’t like this narrative that Crocket/black women/victims of bullying should just take shit and then they’re wrong for having a reaction.

Now for the shirt — I agree with MurdicMistress (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) upthread that the meme-ification of everything is getting ridiculous (though my millennial ass is surely guilty of it at times). But if not her, *someone* was going to make a shirt out of it. She’s just securing the bag on her own words.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:02 am I meant to elaborate more on my comment but got distracted.

I think what bothers me the most about this whole thing is the focus is more on what Crockett said than MTG’s ongoing record of being a racist bully. I’ve seen it happen too often (hell, I’ve experienced it myself) where the bully mercilessly pokes and pokes and pokes and when the victim finally has had enough and lashes out - THEY are the one that is seen as wrong and out of pocket.
And specifically to Crockett, telling her to “calm down” further pushes that “angry black woman” stereotype when she was just having a normal (and honestly poised) clap back to someone making a racist dig at her.
I just don’t like this narrative that Crocket/black women/victims of bullying should just take shit and then they’re wrong for having a reaction.

Now for the shirt — I agree with MurdicMistress (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) upthread that the meme-ification of everything is getting ridiculous (though my millennial ass is surely guilty of it at times). But if not her, *someone* was going to make a shirt out of it. She’s just securing the bag on her own words.
👏🏽
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maybe one of the problems with America in general is that no one cares who gets hurt as long as their feelings are gratified…

MTG is a racist bully, and she should be essentially fired and never be allowed to speak in a governmental role again… because her words hurt the individual they’re said to, and they go further into hurting millions more that have felt the pain her words seek to cause… but no one on her political side cares. They would rather a voice cause pain if it politically benefits them than to silence that voice.

Crockett is someone that has felt that pain and lashed out, not unfairly but with words that can hurt so many more innocent people than she wanted to lash out against… we all know that the specific message of “bigger girls have ugly bodies” shouldn’t be promoted to the teenage girls that will read it and see people laughing…but those innocents don’t matter as long as the political side can see a profit come from it… the damage is worth the profit.

We all decided not to care anymore, because the political and financial benefit is worth it.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:02 am I meant to elaborate more on my comment but got distracted.

❤️❤️❤️❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic