Rep. Jasmine Crockett's viral 'Bleach blonde bad built butch body': coming to t-shirts soon

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:44 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:48 pm
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:37 pm

How do you think Black women feel about comments like MTG made?
I dont know what comments MTG said about Black women, but if she said anything to imply something negative about Black women, she was disgustingly wrong for saying it.

Speaking badly about someone’s body type or skin color is WRONG. It’s wrong every single time a comment like that is said, it doesn’t matter who said it or why, it’s wrong.
You haven't looked to see how Crockett says she felt?
Do you agree with me that targeting someone for their skin color is wrong every single time, regardless of why someone felt like it would be ok, that it’s wrong every single time?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:48 pm

I dont know what comments MTG said about Black women, but if she said anything to imply something negative about Black women, she was disgustingly wrong for saying it.

Speaking badly about someone’s body type or skin color is WRONG. It’s wrong every single time a comment like that is said, it doesn’t matter who said it or why, it’s wrong.
Do you agree with me that targeting someone for their skin color is wrong every single time, regardless of why someone felt like it would be ok, that it’s wrong every single time?
Of course. I'm pretty brown and I've felt it.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:28 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:58 pm
No it isn’t… you know damn well girls literally kill themselves over body shaming and bullying. I bet you even know a girl or two that needed therapy because of the bullying about their bodies.

What we’re saying, is that Trump said something disgusting, therefore we no longer care who gets hurt… even when the same exact girls who would have been hurt by trump’s comments are now hurt by these new comments… we only care about our own political goals, the girls that got hurt never really mattered, they were just a means to an end.
It's not about being "hurt by comments"; it is about being being stripped of rights and subjected to sexual and political violence endorsed by the President. That will harm ALL women and girls in many ways big and small in addition to just body image, and it will be a lot harder to fix. That's a whole order of magnitude greater threat.

I actually think we both care about women and girls, and this is what concerns me the most. The current exchange in Congress has been enabled by this climate of devaluing women. I think elevating the rights of women and girls helps to prevent this kind of public shaming. It's win-win.
*This* conversation was about girls being hurt by comments.

Your only goal here is to spin that into being meaningless , and the presidential election is the only place to look, even though these comments and the women that made them have nothing to do with the presidential election.

Either you’re ok with body shaming, or you’re not. Point blank, without spin…
No, it's not. It's about being pissed off at how MTG was responded to by Crockett.

Funny thing is, she didn't mention MTG by name when she asked the question..
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ok… I’m going to draw this out in picture form, because somehow words are not getting across to even pointing out what the problem is…
1D808A3D-5104-4D29-B929-04E3EB9BB643.jpeg
Person A and Person B are having an argument. They aren’t just any people, they’re people who have a loud voice that will be heard by everyone in America. The reason it’s important for them not to insult someone else for their body type, is not because it might offend person A or person B, but it’s important because there’s a bunch of people *watching* that will be hurt by those insults…

Those are the people that person A and person B’s insults will end up hurting…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:03 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:28 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:21 pm

It's not about being "hurt by comments"; it is about being being stripped of rights and subjected to sexual and political violence endorsed by the President. That will harm ALL women and girls in many ways big and small in addition to just body image, and it will be a lot harder to fix. That's a whole order of magnitude greater threat.

I actually think we both care about women and girls, and this is what concerns me the most. The current exchange in Congress has been enabled by this climate of devaluing women. I think elevating the rights of women and girls helps to prevent this kind of public shaming. It's win-win.
*This* conversation was about girls being hurt by comments.

Your only goal here is to spin that into being meaningless , and the presidential election is the only place to look, even though these comments and the women that made them have nothing to do with the presidential election.

Either you’re ok with body shaming, or you’re not. Point blank, without spin…
No, it's not. It's about being pissed off at how MTG was responded to by Crockett.

Funny thing is, she didn't mention MTG by name when she asked the question..
It’s about putting body shaming comments on a T-shirt.

That’s not funny, and it’s sad if it happens.

The same thing can be said about the eyelash comment

But also- right?!? She didn’t even say MTG’s name… she just shamed a body type in general… how are we unable to admit that’s wrong?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:00 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm

Of course. I'm pretty brown and I've felt it.
Ok. So I take that feeling, the one that lets me know for a fact that targeting someone for their skin color is absolutely wrong every time an insult like that is uttered, and I extend that to body shaming comments. They are wrong every single time as well.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I quite literally have a bad built butch body, can I wear the t-shirt?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm

I do and I'm built like J Lo.
Regardless of who you are built like, I would think it disgusting and wrong if anyone ever said anything to you negatively about your body type.

It will always be wrong to attempt to shame body types , and the people that said it will always be in the wrong.
Many times. It's also unacceptable to start shit and not expect an equally offensive response.

Or are you unfamiliar with insults used against Black women?
I was kind of wondering if anyone here realized that MGT's insult has a strand of racism. Nowadays, women of all colors and backgrounds are seen wearing false eyelashes but like wigs and acrylic nails, it was Black and Hispanic women who popularized them. If Crockett hadn't been wearing falsies, MGT would have gone after her hair.

Both women were shaming each other but MGT was also being racist. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that what Crockett said was worse because it was specifically about body type. MGT knew she was being racist, that's why she said it.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:26 pm If I quite literally have a bad built butch body, can I wear the t-shirt?
Of course anyone can wear the shirt…

You’re not who I’m worried will care about having their body type insulted.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:28 pm
Della wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm

Regardless of who you are built like, I would think it disgusting and wrong if anyone ever said anything to you negatively about your body type.

It will always be wrong to attempt to shame body types , and the people that said it will always be in the wrong.
Many times. It's also unacceptable to start shit and not expect an equally offensive response.

Or are you unfamiliar with insults used against Black women?
I was kind of wondering if anyone here realized that MGT's insult has a strand of racism. Nowadays, women of all colors and backgrounds are seen wearing false eyelashes but like wigs and acrylic nails, it was Black and Hispanic women who popularized them. If Crockett hadn't been wearing falsies, MGT would have gone after her hair.

Both women were shaming each other but MGT was also being racist. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that what Crockett said was worse because it was specifically about body type. MGT knew she was being racist, that's why she said it.
I didn’t realize it was racist… now that it’s been pointed out, yes I think that was an equally horrible comment…

Both of those women insulted each other with words that have been extremely hurtful to millions of women all over the world, and neither of them should get by without being censured.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic