Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:38 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 pm

It’s extremely interesting whose discomfort we prioritize, isn’t it?

Women’s spaces can’t be for women anymore, women’s sports can’t be for women anymore, and women will always just be expected to “make space” for the wants of men no matter how uncomfortable that is or they are vilified….

It’s blatantly apparent who’s comfort we are prioritizing.
Not comfort; rights.

Yes, it's always uncomfortable when a group which was being oppressed starts exercising their rights in public. When segregation was made illegal, people were so uncomfortable with the thought of different races swimming together that they actually closed the pools rather than allow them to become integrated. It was considered too risky to allow the possibility that black men would see white women in their bathing suits, or get near them in the water. Thousands of public swimming pools around the country were drained and paved over. White people continued to swim in private pools, which could still be segregated; many black people never had the chance to learn to swim.

Of course that seems unbelievably silly and discriminatory now. I think eventually this issue will be regarded in a similar way.
The whole "coming for your daughters" narrative sounds very similar and that is purposeful.
No one said anyone was “coming for our daughters” you made that up to make it sound racist in a historical sense.

Stop it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 pm

Not comfort; rights.

Yes, it's always uncomfortable when a group which was being oppressed starts exercising their rights in public. When segregation was made illegal, people were so uncomfortable with the thought of different races swimming together that they actually closed the pools rather than allow them to become integrated. It was considered too risky to allow the possibility that black men would see white women in their bathing suits, or get near them in the water. Thousands of public swimming pools around the country were drained and paved over. White people continued to swim in private pools, which could still be segregated; many black people never had the chance to learn to swim.

Of course that seems unbelievably silly and discriminatory now. I think eventually this issue will be regarded in a similar way.
The whole "coming for your daughters" narrative sounds very similar and that is purposeful.
No one said anyone was “coming for our daughters” you made that up to make it sound racist in a historical sense.

Stop it.
Make me, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:20 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 pm

No… this is sick. Let’s stop bringing up Black people to try and make a point about transgenders. They’re not something to be compared or even discussed as equivalent…

It was disgusting, wrong and vicious that ANYONE EVER tried acting like black people were anything less than white people.

It’s legitimately a scientific fact that the male body and the female body differ.

It should not be a man’s right to be anywhere women hold as a women’s space.
So where should she change, pray tell?

In a perfect world we'd have changerooms where you never had to see what a person had in their pants but right now we don't.

Should she change in the men's changeroom where she's much more likely to be physically or sexually abused or in the women's changeroom where she's likely to be safer but a girl might see a penis. Probably not since moat transgender women aren't swinging it around like an elephant.

And I really hate to tell you but as a person who loves a transgender person and is very fond of a whole bunch of transgender individuals this changeroom argument is exactly the same as the segregationists arguments. It comes from a place of fear and hatred. Science used to tell us White and Black people were fundamentally different as well.

Oh, and transgender is an adjective. When you use it as a noun its rude and a little slur-ish.
Ok wait… SO NOW men are more likely to be sexually abusive… funny how that works, huh?
Statistically, yes. A transwoman is more likely to be attacked by a cisman than a ciswoman.

Oh, wait, you're trying to insinuate that a transwoman is a threat to ciswomen because she has a penis like a cisman and I said men are more likely to sexually abuse.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Stop it.
Make me, lol.
You’re right…Carry on and show us who you truly are…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 pm

So where should she change, pray tell?

In a perfect world we'd have changerooms where you never had to see what a person had in their pants but right now we don't.

Should she change in the men's changeroom where she's much more likely to be physically or sexually abused or in the women's changeroom where she's likely to be safer but a girl might see a penis. Probably not since moat transgender women aren't swinging it around like an elephant.

And I really hate to tell you but as a person who loves a transgender person and is very fond of a whole bunch of transgender individuals this changeroom argument is exactly the same as the segregationists arguments. It comes from a place of fear and hatred. Science used to tell us White and Black people were fundamentally different as well.

Oh, and transgender is an adjective. When you use it as a noun its rude and a little slur-ish.
Ok wait… SO NOW men are more likely to be sexually abusive… funny how that works, huh?
Statistically, yes. A transwoman is more likely to be attacked by a cisman than a ciswoman.

Oh, wait, you're trying to insinuate that a transwoman is a threat to ciswomen because she has a penis like a cisman and I said men are more likely to sexually abuse.
No… YOU are trying to tell me why that shouldn’t be a worry…

I never even said that WAS the worry.

I said there are a lot of women who are wholly uncomfortable being around a stranger man’s naked body…

Y’all are WRITHING trying to make that into something it’s not because you can’t actually admit, yeah, that’s true, and we’ve decided their feelings don’t matter.

So I gotta be the bad guy… ha.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:49 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 pm

In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

12 year olds are in locker rooms…

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
I doubt any grown adult is walking around shoving their genitals in strangers faces. It wouldn’t be appropriate for a strange woman to walk by a child with their labia in their face either. I teach my kids to mind their own business, we go in, change in the changing rooms, and leave. No ogling at others, so what genitals a woman has is a nonissue.
I never suggested anyone was “shoving their genitals in someone’s face”

I said height wise… if a girl is sitting down on the bench and a naked man walks by, his dick is right about head height.

If you’re fine with that, so be it… I’m not.
Are you as reviled by a naked woman parading around in front of your dd?

Side thought; you sure like the D word, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Stop it.
Make me, lol.
You’re right…Carry on and show us who you truly are…
I'm okay with who I am. Are you?

Interesting article about the evolution of the whole transgender in the bathroom debate:

https://www.vox.com/2016/5/5/11592908/t ... aws-rights

So often we forget history and in the context of transgender, the assumption seems to be that they didn't exist prior to 2015. Of course they did! They were using the bathrooms and locker rooms and living as the gender they identified with and somehow there wasn't a mass condemnation to "penises in the girl's locker room!". This outcry only came after a concerted effort by Republicans to block equal access for the LGBTQ community.

This is an effort that worked for their base during the civil rights era when the mantra was Blacks are a danger to your white daughters. Of course we know that to be false and bigoted (at least I hope that we do). There is no indication that giving Blacks equal access to public accommodations (even if it caused discomfort in some) resulted in negative results. So here we are with a decade of data that shows that giving transgender individuals accommodations to public spaces has not received negative results other than making some people uncomfortable.

I'm old enough to remember discussions about whether those who were extremely physically impaired should be allowed in public spaces so I get this conversation. IMO, absolutely YES! Every single person, regardless of gender, disability, race should be allowed into public spaces. I am not ashamed of that answer nor do I care if others disagree. Again, I'm really comfortable with who I am. Are you?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:50 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm

No… YOU are trying to tell me why that shouldn’t be a worry…

I never even said that WAS the worry.

I said there are a lot of women who are wholly uncomfortable being around a stranger man’s naked body…

Y’all are WRITHING trying to make that into something it’s not because you can’t actually admit, yeah, that’s true, and we’ve decided their feelings don’t matter.

So I gotta be the bad guy… ha.
Look honey, there are a lot of women that are wholly uncomfortable being around ANY stranger's naked body, whether the stranger is a man, a woman, a child or a geriatric. And trans women are super self conscious about anyone else seeing them change, they won't be walking around the locker room with their anatomy hanging out. Furthermore, last time I checked gym locker rooms often have showers with curtains, bathroom stalls, and even changing stalls with curtains or even doors. So the whole idea of naked bodies being all over the locker room is a disingenuous fallacy. The most you'll see is someone in their undergarments IF you're looking (most women mastered the art of changing clothes without exposing their knickers in middle school.) So the only one making this situation into something it's not, is YOU.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Yowza, the comments in this thread. 🧐

Bottom line for me....PF was absolutely correct in doing what they did.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 pm Yowza, the comments in this thread. 🧐

Bottom line for me....PF was absolutely correct in doing what they did.
RIGHT!! It doesn't matter what the individual's gender may be, You DON'T take photos of other people without their permission ESPECIALLY not in a private area such as a locker room or bathroom. That is absolutely grounds for termination of a gym membership.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic