I feel like such a F***ing failure

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am She should get out of it herself. Her bad choices aren’t society’s problem.
Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:39 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm Yes. She put herself in the situation.

So everyone should just stay in every shitty situation that they might have gotten themselves into? That's ridiculous.
Bankruptcy laws exist for a reason. Ok should use them, not just for herself, but to give her child a better life.
Yes, and our society has provided a perfectly legal way for her to get out of it herself- by filing a perfectly legal bankruptcy.
Are you one of those people who believe that bankruptcy shouldn't even exist?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 am The first time someone abuses you, be it physical, mental, etc. and you stay, you’re giving them permission to do it again. You’re saying it’s okay.
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am Again? I’ve never spoken to you about this.

Also, I don’t especially care what an abused woman goes through. People are treated how they allow themselves to be treated.

And that is not necessarily true. Abuse has a dynamic that goes deeper than “allowing” someone to treat you poorly.

I know why you're posting anon. I suggest you educate yourself a bit so you fully grasp the many aspects of physical, mental and emotional abuse and why a person might not just do as you assume they should when living it.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 8

I know the why- the person being abused isn’t strong enough.
stilltfez wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 am The first time someone abuses you, be it physical, mental, etc. and you stay, you’re giving them permission to do it again. You’re saying it’s okay.

And that is not necessarily true. Abuse has a dynamic that goes deeper than “allowing” someone to treat you poorly.

I know why you're posting anon. I suggest you educate yourself a bit so you fully grasp the many aspects of physical, mental and emotional abuse and why a person might not just do as you assume they should when living it.
Anonymous 8

Yes, I don’t think bankruptcy should exist.

Legal and ethical aren’t synonyms.
Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am She should get out of it herself. Her bad choices aren’t society’s problem.
Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:39 am

So everyone should just stay in every shitty situation that they might have gotten themselves into? That's ridiculous.
Bankruptcy laws exist for a reason. Ok should use them, not just for herself, but to give her child a better life.
Yes, and our society has provided a perfectly legal way for her to get out of it herself- by filing a perfectly legal bankruptcy.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 am I know the why- the person being abused isn’t strong enough.
stilltfez wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am

I hope you have a wonderful week.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 am Yes, I don’t think bankruptcy should exist.

Legal and ethical aren’t synonyms.
Iffrinn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am

Fortunately, the "society" that you are so worried about disagrees with you.

As for ethics, it is unethical to leave an innocent child in this terrible situation when there is a way to put an end to it.
Deleted User 172

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am Again? I’ve never spoken to you about this.

Also, I don’t especially care what an abused woman goes through. People are treated how they allow themselves to be treated.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 am A yacht would make me happy long term. Should I go buy one and then just not pay for it because my happiness is paramount to my responsibility? Because that’s exactly what you’re saying.

Apples to cheeseburgers again.
Not at all the same situation.
Come back when you have an inkling of what an abused woman goes through, then we'll talk.
Lol again as in this is the second time I've posted apples to cheeseburgers to someone who has no idea what they're talking about and making comparisons that are apples to cheeseburgers.

Its more of an "again" to myself as I can't believe how disconnected from reality you are.
Those two things aren't anything alike and anybody that would say they are are living in lala land.

You can't compare buying a vacation yacht and filing for bankruptcy to keep it without paying for it to a woman filing for bankruptcy to escape a bad marriage.
Apples to cheeseburgers.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Talk to a lawyer. The first visit will probably be free but ask. If he is spending all your money then put it in an account that is just yours. LAWYER NOW.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:48 am She stays in this relationship. She continues to make the same choices day after day. She’s 60K in debt. That’s not “a bill or two.”
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:43 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 am “People do it every day” is nothing but argumentum ad populum.

I can’t make anyone not do something, but that doesn’t mean I should condone scrupulous behavior. Nor should I encourage it, like you did.

I think staying in an abusive relationship is worse than not paying a bill or two. I don’t believe that filing bankruptcy is unscrupulous behavior as you seem to.
How does one get out of a relationship if you don’t have the financial means and are in debt? Isn’t that part of the reason why bankruptcy laws exist?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Abuse is so subtle at first, especially mental and emotional abuse. It isn’t like they come out of the gate abusing you.
But there’s no sense in explaining to someone who already has their mind made up on how it happens and what it means.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic