No sis, I am not changing my plans for you

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:43 pm I can see both sides here.
Can you help me see her side more? I would never dream of asking her to change plans like this.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I 100% agree with you!

16 hours of driving for ONE day...would never happen for me! That long car ride would be torture for ME,too. :)
CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:04 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:58 pm I wouldn't drive 16 hours only to drive home the next day with OR without my sister. So, no. I would not agree to this arrangement.
I wouldn't go if I had to drive like that. If I was going to drive, I would take my kids with me and stay longer. I don't want the kids to miss school, so they are not going. They don't want to go. Long car rides and then a wedding sounds like torture to my son.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would tell her she can stay at the hotel with us for the two nights she's there, then I would still have the rest of the week on our own, but we have plans the previous week so we won't be able to drive with them.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:05 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:43 pm I can see both sides here.
Can you help me see her side more? I would never dream of asking her to change plans like this.
Her side seems kind of obvious.

She wants to get to her nieces wedding and can’t really afford to do it on her own. She knows you are going and was hoping you’d be willing to help.

I see nothing wrong with asking. There’s nothing worse then assuming something couldn’t happen only to hear ‘well why didn’t you ask? We could have worked something out’.

Unless she’s a serious grudge holder, she’ll get over it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:29 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:19 pm Is this niece your sister's daughter?
The niece getting married is our eldest sister's daughter. We are a huge family. I have four sister and 2 brothers. There are two wedding this year.
Ah, ok.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She has a huge set of Balls, doesnt she?
She asked, You declined...End of Story
She will either get over it or be a Butthurt Broke Bitch for some time
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
It doesn't work that way. I have been left of out things because we couldn't afford it. We were in college and broke. She has time to save for it.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't imagine having the balls to ask someone to change their plans to drive me 16 hours away, stay with me, then have me drive 16 hours back. Did she offer to put any money towards this or did she just expect to mooch off you?
Deleted User 638

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
It doesn't work that way. I have been left of out things because we couldn't afford it. We were in college and broke. She has time to save for it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic