Law banning female genital mutilation ruled unconstitutional; Michigan doctors cleared of charges

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

first, there are thousands of nerve endings in the foreskin, so yes, male circumcision does to some degree impact the male sexual pleasure response. second, not every form of female circumcision does that, by design or result. The most extreme forms are prevalent in the third world but the forms most common in the first world are milder and similar to male circumcision. i have explained this to you several times, i really don’t know how to simply it any further.
Lexy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 pm the extreme forms that are prevalent in some third world countries (and not exclusively muslim ones either), yes.the milder forms more commonly found in the western world are very similar to male circumcion and there’s no reason to be aghast at one but not the other apart from pure ethnocentrism.
Lexy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:35 pm

FGM is to prevent her, it is believed, from having sexual pleasure so the girl won't stray, and give greater pleasure to her mate. This is done in the name of religion in order to obscure the barbarity of the practice, and to bamboozle the courts under the freedom of religion clause of the Constitution. The result of this is a lifetime of pain
Male circumcision does not unable the man to feel pleasure as FGM does to women. So no it's not the same.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:28 pm first, there are thousands of nerve endings in the foreskin, so yes, male circumcision does to some degree impact the male sexual pleasure response. second, not every form of female circumcision does that, by design or result. There more extreme forms are prevalent in the third world but the forms most common in the first world are similar to male circumcision. i have explained this to you several times, i really don’t know how to simply it any further.
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 pm the extreme forms that are prevalent in some third world countries (and not exclusively muslim ones either), yes.the milder forms more commonly found in the western world are very similar to male circumcion and there’s no reason to be aghast at one but not the other apart from pure ethnocentrism.
Male circumcision does not unable the man to feel pleasure as FGM does to women. So no it's not the same.

Type 1 FGM

Clitoridectomy: partial or total removal of the clitoris (a small, sensitive and erectile part of the female genitals) and, in very rare cases, only the prepuce (the fold of skin surrounding the clitoris).

This practice is extremely painful and distressing, damages sexually sensitive skin and is an infection risk.

http://www.dofeve.org/types-of-fgm.html
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

From your own source:

Type 4 FGM

“Other: all other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, e.g. pricking, piercing, incising, scraping, stretching and cauterising the genital area”

As I said repeatedly, what is more likely to occur in the western world would fall into this category. It would be a small nick (“incising”) or needle prick as categorized here. Most instances of this are actually less invasive than foreskin removal. And this statement of yours: “This practice is extremely painful and distressing, damages sexually sensitive skin and is an infection risk.“ also applies to male circumcision.

I have explained this very clearly no fewer than five times now.. If you refuse to understand at this point there’s nothing more I can say to help you get there.

Lexy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:30 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:28 pm first, there are thousands of nerve endings in the foreskin, so yes, male circumcision does to some degree impact the male sexual pleasure response. second, not every form of female circumcision does that, by design or result. There more extreme forms are prevalent in the third world but the forms most common in the first world are similar to male circumcision. i have explained this to you several times, i really don’t know how to simply it any further.

Type 1 FGM

Clitoridectomy: partial or total removal of the clitoris (a small, sensitive and erectile part of the female genitals) and, in very rare cases, only the prepuce (the fold of skin surrounding the clitoris).

This practice is extremely painful and distressing, damages sexually sensitive skin and is an infection risk.

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:56 pm From your own source:

Type 4 FGM

“Other: all other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, e.g. pricking, piercing, incising, scraping, stretching and cauterising the genital area”

As I said repeatedly, what is more likely to occur in the western world would fall into this category. It would be a small nick (“incising”) or needle prick as categorized here. Most instances of this are actually less invasive than foreskin removal. And this statement of yours: “This practice is extremely painful and distressing, damages sexually sensitive skin and is an infection risk.“ also applies to male circumcision.

I have explained this very clearly no fewer than five times now.. If you refuse to understand at this point there’s nothing more I can say to help you get there.

Type 1 FGM

Vacation cutting! Many girls living in the US will be taken to countries abroad to undergo female genital mutilation.

https://www.theahafoundation.org/vacati ... g-rampant/

FGM is a horrible thing to do to a young girl. I don't care what type it is.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Queen-you are so right. I'd ban all types of genital mutilation on anyone too young to say no.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah... they have been taken abroad because the practice was illegal here, so it was difficult to find someone to perform it. This is a religious rite for these people, they believe without it their babies go to hell. So instead of being able to have a mild ritual nick performed they are forced to go to other countries where the only access might be to more exterme versions of it, which you may recognize as “not good.”

As I said in the beginning of this, I’m not a fan of circumcision in any form. But it is pure ethnocentric hypocrisy to take this hardline stance against circumcision for females but not for males.
Lexy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Type 4 FGM

Type 1 FGM

Vacation cutting! Many girls living in the US will be taken to countries abroad to undergo female genital mutilation.

https://www.theahafoundation.org/vacati ... g-rampant/

FGM is a horrible thing to do to a young girl. I don't care what type it is.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's not a repetition issue

It's a credibility issue

You have none.

Type 4 FGM

Type 1 FGM

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm It's not a repetition issue

It's a credibility issue

You have none.

Type 4 FGM

Type 1 FGM

Oh the irony..
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm It's not a repetition issue

It's a credibility issue

You have none.

Type 4 FGM

Type 1 FGM

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:14 pm "hate speech" is a nonexistent Construct that Fascists invented to limit thought -

It doesn't exist in the real world.

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am Hate speech is not dialogue.
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:57 am Since her remedy was to further limit dialogue - not increase dialogue -

No.

Is that what US Protestants called it when they made laws in the 19th and 20th centuries against Catholics?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic