Law banning female genital mutilation ruled unconstitutional; Michigan doctors cleared of charges

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that the U.S. law banning female genital mutilation was unconstitutional and dismissed charges against several doctors in Michigan who carried out the procedure on underage girls as part Muslim sect’s religious practice.

U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman ruled that Congress had no authority to enact a law that criminalizes female genital mutilation (FGM). “As despicable as [FGM] may be… [Congress] overstepped its bounds” by banning the procedure, the judge said.

The ruling came after defense lawyers challenged the 22-year-old genital mutilation law that hasn’t been used until 2017 when Dr. Jumana Nagarwala was arrested and accused of mutilating the genitalia of young girls.

She allegedly headed a conspiracy, which lasted over 12 years and involved seven other people, and led to the mutilation of about 100 girls, according to prosecutors, as part of a religious procedure practiced by members of the Dawoodi Bohra, a Muslim sect.

While the charges of performing FGM were dropped, Nagarwala and other conspirators are still facing conspiracy and obstruction charges, according to the Detroit Free Press.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federa ... an-doctors
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's Islam

It is above US Law.
It is above even being questioned.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am It's Islam

It is above US Law.
It is unbelievable to me they would allow this procedure in this country.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:24 am

It is above US Law.

This site represents a subset of society ( I don't think a good one, but...………..)
2. No personal attacks on others. Personal attacks are comments that are abusive, defamatory, or derogatory comments, name calling, and accusations about personal behavior that lack evidence. No blatantly discriminatory remarks, this includes hate speech against certain races, religions, and sexual orientation. No attacking children: There is a limit to everything.

You don't really need to look too far past that to understand.

There is speech that says Islam is fantastic
Anything less than that is now Hate Speech.

Fascists work their way methodically to silence any and all contrary thought or action
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it to any races, religions, or sexual orientations.
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 am

It is above US Law.

This site represents a subset of society ( I don't think a good one, but...………..)
2. No personal attacks on others. Personal attacks are comments that are abusive, defamatory, or derogatory comments, name calling, and accusations about personal behavior that lack evidence. No blatantly discriminatory remarks, this includes hate speech against certain races, religions, and sexual orientation. No attacking children: There is a limit to everything.

Fascists work their way methodically to silence any and all contrary thought or action
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The wording has been fixed in the guidelines
476A19FD-BD8B-4484-89F3-E325E88A9F36.jpeg
🤓The Admin 🤓
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why? We allow male genital mutilation.

It is above US Law.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oooh, smashed the hell right out of BJ’s narrative didn’t you. Nicely done.
12skipafew wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it to any races, religions, or sexual orientations.

Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:45 am Why? We allow male genital mutilation.

It is above US Law.
Female circumcision is to control the sexuality of the female. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Female genital mutilation is classified into four types:

Type I: Also known as clitoridectomy, this type consists of partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or its prepuce.
Type II: Also known as excision, the clitoris and labia minora are partially or totally removed, with or without excision of the labia majora.
Type III: The most severe form, it is also known as infibulation or pharaonic type. The procedure consists of narrowing the vaginal orifice with creation of a covering seal by cutting and appositioning the labia minora and/or labia majora, with or without removal of the clitoris. The appositioning of the wound edges consists of stitching or holding the cut areas together for a certain period of time (for example, girls’ legs are bound together), to create the covering seal. A small opening is left for urine and menstrual blood to escape. An infibulation must be opened either through penetrative sexual intercourse or surgery.
Type IV: This type consists of all other procedures to the genitalia of women for non-medical purposes, such as pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterization.

http://www.endfgm.eu/female-genital-mut ... at-is-fgm/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I guess that’s it for talk about destroying mosques and prosecuting Muslims. Good!
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:48 am Oooh, smashed the hell right out of BJ’s narrative didn’t you. Nicely done.
12skipafew wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it to any races, religions, or sexual orientations.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic