I had to cancel Thanksgiving

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am supposed to be hosting a bunch of people for thanksgiving but I cant now because I was called into work. I really couldnt believe it. I get thanksgiving off nearly every year and I have never been called in before. I guess some people were fired and others were moved around so my unit is short staffed. I asked if there was any way someone else could take the shift and it isnt going to happen.

I am working 7-7 which will more be like 7-8 so there is no way I could still make a dinner and have people over. Everyone is disappointed and some do not know where they are going to be going. I feel awful. I told family that anyone who wanted to take over could have all the food and stuff I already bought but still no one else wants to host. I tried to reschedule for another day but there isnt a time where everyone can get together again.

My husband already had to work so even the kids will be home alone. It is just a sucky situation all the way around. I hope people get over it. It isnt like I cancelled because I felt like it. Getting called into work is out of my control.
TheGhostBesideMe
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Why not just move it to a day you have off ?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

TheGhostBesideMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm Why not just move it to a day you have off ?
There isnt a time everyone can get together again
TheGhostBesideMe
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:51 pm
TheGhostBesideMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm Why not just move it to a day you have off ?
Ever?

You don't have to celebrate it the week of Thanksgiving for it to be Thanksgiving.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

TheGhostBesideMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm
Ever?

You don't have to celebrate it the week of Thanksgiving for it to be Thanksgiving.
The next time everyone can get together is Christmas. I wont be able to go to that though because I already know I am working.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Why not assign the cooking to everyone else and have them bring the food and have a late meal? Serve the meal on paper plates so there won't be a lot of clean up.
TheGhostBesideMe
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Ever?

The next time everyone can get together is Christmas. I wont be able to go to that though because I already know I am working.
Then do a little Thanksgiving with your kids and husband. At least you can still celebrate the holiday with them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:57 pm Why not assign the cooking to everyone else and have them bring the food and have a late meal? Serve the meal on paper plates so there won't be a lot of clean up.
No one else is willing to cook and they wouldnt stay that late anyway
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would be nice if they could do the cooking at your house, then you come home to a feast.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

TheGhostBesideMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Ever?

Then do a little Thanksgiving with your kids and husband. At least you can still celebrate the holiday with them.
We will eat dinner together that night. My kids are not the ones upset
Locked Previous topicNext topic