Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 pm
Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:35 pm

He is tired of the high school scene, his words, and I think having to be at the bus stop at 6:20 might have something to do with it. When school starts he will probably devote his time writing code and playing the piano during the day.
I'm tired of working for a living but yet every day I drag my fat butt out the door. In the fall yds will, more or less without complaint, go to the bus stop at 624 am. I really wouldn't let him use I'm tired of the same old scene as an excuse or he may always do that. His words would actually earn a lecture from me.
He came to me with an alternative and a reason why he wants to go to a different type of high school. As long as he keeps up his grades I am fine with it.
I didn't like my job so I chose a different career. I didn't quit work until I already had something else lined up. He is basically doing the same thing.
He would need a better reason than he's tired of the same old scene. After all hs is only four years. You know your kid but it would rub me the wrong way. Many people are tired of things they do anyhow.. cook dinner, wash dishes, pay bills. They do them anyhow. Now bullying or a better program online is different. But it's your decision.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 pm This isn't going to go well.

If my kid tried that shit because he was "tired of the HS scene", his dad and I would be laughing so hard we'd fall out of our chairs.
Tried what shit? He found an alternative on his own. He makes great grades and came in 2nd in his grade based on GPA for the last three nine weeks but he doesn't like large groups and cliques.
So he is doing fantastic in his current school and you let him change? Doesn't make any sense. But your kid not mine.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:35 pm He is tired of the high school scene, his words, and I think having to be at the bus stop at 6:20 might have something to do with it. When school starts he will probably devote his time writing code and playing the piano during the day.
My DH would be over the moon if our kid had the discipline to do this and the initiative to come up with the idea. He's a programmer and maintains that all programmers must be able to teach themselves.

There are many methods of alternative schooling these days.

I love that this saves you money! You can take a family trip instead of paying for child care.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went to an alternative school and it was great up until they closed it and tried to squish it with another school. I sat in school for a good 2 months with absolutely no work to do because they couldn't find my work packs. I dropped that shit at that point.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whatever works for you I guess....
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

IDGAF if DS is tired of the school scene. He has one job and it's school, not being a live in nanny.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm tired of working for a living but yet every day I drag my fat butt out the door. In the fall yds will, more or less without complaint, go to the bus stop at 624 am. I really wouldn't let him use I'm tired of the same old scene as an excuse or he may always do that. His words would actually earn a lecture from me.
He came to me with an alternative and a reason why he wants to go to a different type of high school. As long as he keeps up his grades I am fine with it.
I didn't like my job so I chose a different career. I didn't quit work until I already had something else lined up. He is basically doing the same thing.
He would need a better reason than he's tired of the same old scene. After all hs is only four years. You know your kid but it would rub me the wrong way. Many people are tired of things they do anyhow.. cook dinner, wash dishes, pay bills. They do them anyhow. Now bullying or a better program online is different. But it's your decision.
There is nothing wrong with trying something different. It is not like he is dropping out or being kicked out. He will get a high school diploma so he can continue on to college. Yes, you are tired of working every day, but are you working at the same job or even the same company where you started your career? Most people re-evaluate and change companies or at least get promoted. If your work environment were toxic, wouldn't you look for an alternative? This kid is showing initiative and his parents are supporting a temporary change. If it doesn't work, he can go back to regular high school.
Anon

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 pm

He doesn't like large groups or the cliques. This is something I cannot change. Some people just aren't into large crowds. The only way to deal with that would be to medicate but I am not doing that to him unless he asked.
If he was struggling in school, I would get a tutor. If he was being bullied I would put my foot up someone's ass. I don't want him to get to a point where him not wanting to be there affects his grades.
Anon

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 pm
Anon wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 pm This isn't going to go well.

If my kid tried that shit because he was "tired of the HS scene", his dad and I would be laughing so hard we'd fall out of our chairs.
Tried what shit? He found an alternative on his own. He makes great grades and came in 2nd in his grade based on GPA for the last three nine weeks but he doesn't like large groups and cliques.
So he is doing fantastic in his current school and you let him change? Doesn't make any sense. But your kid not mine.
He does great grade wise but isn't in any clubs or after school activities. He comes home and needs to decompress, his words. I first thought it was because he has to be up so early, but if he isn't enjoying school, I dont want him to get to a point where he will be suffering grade wise.
Anon

Unread post

Bookdragon1 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:54 pm IDGAF if DS is tired of the school scene. He has one job and it's school, not being a live in nanny.
He is still going to school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic