Vote-Shaming is the New 'Get Back in the Kitchen'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You can be anything!” has been the slogan of Barbie dolls for as long as I can remember. Astronaut dolls, veterinarian dolls, teacher dolls…even Presidential candidate dolls. In an effort to inspire young girls to think big and dream big, the message used to be to reach for the sky and just be yourself!

Barbie may still tell this to girls today, but many progressive feminists sure don’t. It seems that according to their current prevailing philosophy, “you can be anything” just doesn’t apply to women who want to be a conservative.

In the wake of this election season’s bitter divisiveness, social media has given rise to a whole new level of stereotyping and intimidation of women: vote-shaming. While it is accepted that we should never ridicule a woman based on her weight (fat-shaming), her parenting skills (mom-shaming), her wardrobe (fashion-shaming), or her diet (food-shaming), it seems that vote-shaming is now in vogue on the Left.

We’ve seen it play out over every social media platform, with countless vitriolic comment threads of and bitter tweets insulting, accusing and shaming women who voted for Republican candidates:

“White women: footsoldiers of the patriarchy”
“...white women are brainwashed and willing participants in their own captivity”
“...educated white women are strong Dems... racism is a helluva drug”
“White women gonna white”

As the demographic numbers rolled in for various races across the country, liberal media pundits, celebrities, and many in the feminist movement took to social media to lambast women who didn’t choose to vote for Democrat candidates. Feigning moral superiority while stereotyping conservative women as racist and uneducated, controlled by their husbands and GOP men, they unleashed their hateful commentary to explain why their candidate failed to win the support of these voters.

Get Informed @ -https://townhall.com/columnists/amyclar ... p=22151825
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why are people so open with who they intend or who they voted for? To me it is a personal matter much like how much money I make. If you ask me either of these questions I will tell you it is none of your business. Most people where I am have the same mentality, we can talk about politics but we for the most part will be open and willing to listen without it becoming a out and out screaming match. For my husband he would also never ask as it is a personal choice and none of his business.
Locked Previous topicNext topic