I've made a terrible mistake

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Last year was our first year doing Elf on the Shelf. We bought him about 2 weeks before xmas so it wasn't too bad to move him every night.

Well I guess according to the tale or whatever it is the little shit is supposed to come back the day after Thanksgiving. At least that's what my kids insist.

And they've all written letters to him asking him to come back. My stepkids do it at their Grandma's and the day after they wrote their letters their elf came back.

So now I'm kinda obligated huh? To make our elf come back? I don't have the heart to say not this early but I think I've made a terrible mistake buying the little fucker in the first place lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hated the elf on the shelf routine & our elf got lost on his way to our house the 2nd year. Everyone got over it & forgot about his annoying little ass pretty quick, but they were really young & easily distracted.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I told my kids that Snowflake is low- key like mommy. You might get him to hop really high to a shelf but he's probably not going to be making a mess of all the ribbon in the middle of the night because he'll doze off and won't be able to keep watch.
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I'm glad you said this. I was thinking about starting the tradition for my 3 year old, and my 14 year old dd talked me out of it. I was wondering if I made the right decision, and this post was like a sign that I did😂
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yeah, you really royally screwed yourself, lol.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You are so F***ing lazy.
Too Old For This %^&
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My dd got one for her son last year. But he doesn't come until December 1st. I've found ideas for her to do online and will send her links. I hate this stuff, BTW.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Simple solution, run him over with your car. Put paint on tires to make festive tread marks on the elf. Tell kids elf went to elf heaven. :lol:
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tell your kids, “I know these 3 children from the internet, and their elf does not come until December 1st.”

Our elf has never come until 12/1 as he brings the advent calendar.

He also goes on vacation after a particular good day for several days, as he knows things are going well!

You can do this!!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thank goodness my kids were too old when this craze started.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic