I feel bad

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 11 year old ds has a friend who just adores him. Shes 6 today. Well ds has had a terrible attitude towards DH and I today. He has been talking back, disobedient, hurting dd, etc. So I grounded him from the party. He is in his room until it is cleaned spotless.
Ds is so mad at me but I don't care he had it coming. But his friend is going to be so disappointed I feel bad. My dd still went to the party and she has other friends coming as well.
How do you handle it when your kid misbehaves? Do you ground them from other kids parties and such?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes although it's been rare I've had to do that. I think once because ds hadn't done schoolwork.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Since he "has been" being an asshole maybe you should have waited until tomorrow to let the hammer fall, for the little girls sake only.
TrouserMouse
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I wouldn't feel bad as long as he understood the potential consequences and continued to misbehave. If you are inconsistent with consequences, you should work on making those clear.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't punish other kids for my child's behavior. I would not have grounded him from going to that party. I would have taken away something else or had him do more chores. I would not have punished that other kid for his mistakes. That is sad.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 pm I don't punish other kids for my child's behavior. I would not have grounded him from going to that party. I would have taken away something else or had him do more chores. I would not have punished that other kid for his mistakes. That is sad.
Especially since it has been an on going problem!

Shitty call on OPs part, she should "feel bad"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:46 pm I don't punish other kids for my child's behavior. I would not have grounded him from going to that party. I would have taken away something else or had him do more chores. I would not have punished that other kid for his mistakes. That is sad.

Umm it's not an ongoing problem. Where did I say that? I said today.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:55 pm

You should still feel bad that that was his punishment. JS
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you want to pretend that he grew horns today then I call BS. Take away his TOT candy ffs.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:59 pm

If you want to pretend that he grew horns today then I call BS. Take away his TOT candy ffs.
Your kid has never had a bad day where they are just impossible? I mean every parent I know says their kids have those days.
Was I going to send him to act like that at her party? No way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic