My Mom. I love her but she just can’t just say congratulations and be happy

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My brother announced his engagement today. All she needed to say is “congratulations”. He’s 49 years old, if it’s a mistake, it’s their mistake to have.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So she was negative about it?
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

*sigh* what did she say? Please tell me it wasn't something hurtful?
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 pm So she was negative about it?
Not outwardly negative
Just telling him to come talk to her before he does it

Then was negative to me after they left
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 pm *sigh* what did she say? Please tell me it wasn't something hurtful?
Just told him they needed to talk before they do it. And her body language was so negative.

Then she was very negative when talking to me after they left.
Even if it’s a mistake, it’s their mistake
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

my moms like that too, she's a man hater, she's never happy for any of us girls when we are happy and if we have any issue in our relationships at all, she encourages divorce and is no help whatsoever.
when I got married, I wanted to do the dress shopping thing with her? yeah....I may as well have gone alone, she was so.....unapproving of marriage in general.
ugh
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Was the fiance with him? I hope not
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:44 pm Was the fiance with him? I hope not
She was in another room when he told us. So she missed the initial reaction
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 pm
WickedLauraBelle wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:44 pm Was the fiance with him? I hope not
She was in another room when he told us. So she missed the initial reaction
Well thank God for that! When my exdh proposed and he told his dad his dad goes ”whose idea was that?” what?!
PreciousDolphin894

Unread post

First of all Congratulations to your brother on his engagement. I hope him and his fiance have a wonderful life together. That is a long time to wait until the age of 49, but it's good he didn't rush into Marriage itself and waited until he was ready to make that step in life.

As for your Mom, yea it's a bummer and a shame she couldn't even say Congratulations to her own son when he got engaged. Is it that she don't want to see her own son get Married? Is it that she doesn't want to share her son as some Mother In Laws can be like that when their son Marries? Or is she just maybe depressed because often if someone is depressed it's hard to find happiness and share that with another person?
Locked Previous topicNext topic