Gillum intern arrested in Florida for throwing chocolate milk at College Republicans

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm Nationalism means different things to different people. Depending on who you're talking to, it's either something to be proud of, or something other people find triggering. It basically meant Patriotism in the beginning. It became negative when some people decided patriotism in America was a negative thing.
“The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does , and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does ; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility while the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to a war .”
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:43 am
morgan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 pm Nationalism means different things to different people. Depending on who you're talking to, it's either something to be proud of, or something other people find triggering. It basically meant Patriotism in the beginning. It became negative when some people decided patriotism in America was a negative thing.
“The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot is proud of his country for what it does , and the nationalist is proud of his country no matter what it does ; the first attitude creates a feeling of responsibility while the second a feeling of blind arrogance that leads to a war .”
Excellent.
It’s just alarming to hear Trump announce that he’s a Nationalist, isn’t it!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 am I feel like you probably should have thought this through a bit better but if that’s the tit-for-tat you wanna get into, fine.

Which is worse, a shooting by a bernie supporter where three people were wounded and nobody died but the shooter, or:

A conservative gun nut opening fire on a Democrat congresswoman’s constituent meeting, killing six and wounding 13 more?

and

a troglodyte wrapped in the confederate flag murdering 9 people in their house of worship - an act he insisted during his sentencing he did not regret?

and

A trump worshipper driving his car into a crowd, killing one and injuring several more?

and

A MAGA loon shooting us his high school, killing 15 children and 2 teachers?

and

Trump fanatics bombing a mosque, and likely at least one abortion clinic?

and

other trump fanatics planning to bomb a mosque, confessing that trump’s rhetoric is what radicalized them when they were miraculously apprehended before they could carry out their plans?

and

“Pro life” lunatics bombing dozens of abortion clinics and shooting several abortion providers (and a few bystanders, in some cases)?

and

A guy who idolized trump gunning down six people in a mosque?

and

An anti-Semite murdering eleven Jews in a synagogue during a bris, specifically citing a conspiracy theory promoted by the right and amplified by trump as his motivation (and trump continuing to repeat the same conspiracy theory in the days after the shooting?)

and

A shooter whose threatening letters repeated phrases like trump’s trademark “fake news” killing five people in a newsroom (and trump getting back to calling the press “the enemy of the people” inside of a week)?

Did you want me to keep going? I feel like the point has been made but I could keep going if you want.

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:35 pm Interesting perspective. Would you say that is better or worse than a trump worshipper mailing pipe bombs to folks? I know which future I’d pick, how about you?
Which is worse, a Trump worshipper mailing faulty pipe bombs or a Bernie worshipper opening fire on a field of Republican Congress members practicing for a ballgame?
You "feel" that, huh? That's ok. I'm not the one who thinks "they all look alike" is based on a phenomenal experience. It's racist af.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I sure hes thrilled. I also hope he WINS. Rich Scott is a disaster for Florida.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

oooh, that was a sharp subject change! you could have just stfu when you realized you had put your foot in your mouth, but no, you had to go and embarrass yourself further by bringing up something that 1 is completely unrelated and 2 you are also wrong about.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/ne ... r-own.html

They All Look the Same: Why we are Unable to Distinguish Faces of Other Races (and Sometimes Our Own)

There’s a troubling psychological phenomenon that just about everyone has experienced but few will admit to; having difficulty distinguishing between people of different racial groups.

This isn’t merely a nod to the denigrating expression “they all look the same.” Indeed, the “cross-race effect” is one of the most well replicated findings in psychological research and can lead to embarrassment, social castigation, or the disturbingly common occurrence of eye-witness misidentifications.

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 am I feel like you probably should have thought this through a bit better but if that’s the tit-for-tat you wanna get into, fine.

Which is worse, a shooting by a bernie supporter where three people were wounded and nobody died but the shooter, or:

A conservative gun nut opening fire on a Democrat congresswoman’s constituent meeting, killing six and wounding 13 more?

and

a troglodyte wrapped in the confederate flag murdering 9 people in their house of worship - an act he insisted during his sentencing he did not regret?

and

A trump worshipper driving his car into a crowd, killing one and injuring several more?

and

and

and

other trump fanatics planning to bomb a mosque, confessing that trump’s rhetoric is what radicalized them when they were miraculously apprehended before they could carry out their plans?

and

“Pro life” lunatics bombing dozens of abortion clinics and shooting several abortion providers (and a few bystanders, in some cases)?

and

and

An anti-Semite murdering eleven Jews in a synagogue during a bris, specifically citing a conspiracy theory promoted by the right and amplified by trump as his motivation (and trump continuing to repeat the same conspiracy theory in the days after the shooting?)

and

A shooter whose threatening letters repeated phrases like trump’s trademark “fake news” killing five people in a newsroom (and trump getting back to calling the press “the enemy of the people” inside of a week)?

Did you want me to keep going? I feel like the point has been made but I could keep going if you want.

Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 am

Which is worse, a Trump worshipper mailing faulty pipe bombs or a Bernie worshipper opening fire on a field of Republican Congress members practicing for a ballgame?
You "feel" that, huh? That's ok. I'm not the one who thinks "they all look alike" is based on a phenomenal experience. It's racist af.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

One would literally have to be a moron - or someone blinded by ideology, to equate - the trouble society has with cross racial identification and someone that you like saying they all look alike .

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 pm oooh, that was a sharp subject change! you could have just stfu when you realized you had put your foot in your mouth, but no, you had to go and embarrass yourself further by bringing up something that 1 is completely unrelated and 2 you are also wrong about.

They All Look the Same: Why we are Unable to Distinguish Faces of Other Races (and Sometimes Our Own)

There’s a troubling psychological phenomenon that just about everyone has experienced but few will admit to; having difficulty distinguishing between people of different racial groups.

This isn’t merely a nod to the denigrating expression “they all look the same.” Indeed, the “cross-race effect” is one of the most well replicated findings in psychological research and can lead to embarrassment, social castigation, or the disturbingly common occurrence of eye-witness misidentifications.

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 pm oooh, that was a sharp subject change! you could have just stfu when you realized you had put your foot in your mouth, but no, you had to go and embarrass yourself further by bringing up something that 1 is completely unrelated and 2 you are also wrong about.

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

A common statement from slave owners and also commonly said about Asians by racists. Hardly the same as your deflection. The worst part is you know that. Hmm.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This post of yours isn’t even coherent so I really don’t know how to respond.

As far as deflection, that’s pretty rich of you to say to me as we discuss this matter you dragged from a thread that isn’t even slightly related to this one to deflect from the fact that you couldn’t respond to my previous comment because you’re unable to admit you were wrong.
Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:23 pm

A common statement from slave owners and also commonly said about Asians by racists. Hardly the same as your deflection. The worst part is you know that. Hmm.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:23 pm One would literally have to be a moron - or someone blinded by ideology, to equate - the trouble society has with cross racial identification and someone that you like saying they all look alike .

It's mind boggling.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 pm This post of yours isn’t even coherent so I really don’t know how to respond.

As far as deflection, that’s pretty rich of you to say to me as we discuss this matter you dragged from a thread that isn’t even slightly related to this one to deflect from the fact that you couldn’t respond to my previous comment because you’re unable to admit you were wrong.
Carpy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm not shocked that you don't get it. Not shocked at all.
Locked Previous topicNext topic