Democratic Senator’s Re-Election Bid Rocked by Libertarian Candidate Dropping Out, Endorsing Republican

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A close Senate contest in Montana may have taken a turn in favor of Republican candidate Matt Rosendale, as Libertarian candidate Rick Breckenridge dropped out of the race Wednesday and endorsed his Republican opponent.

According to Fox News, the dramatic move happened after an ominous and illegal mailer was sent out by an unknown group saying “Matt Rosendale wants to use drones and patrols to spy on our private lives.”

The mailer also endorsed Breckenridge saying, “Rick Breckenridge is a true conservative and opposes government intrusion into Montanans’ private lives.”

As a result, Breckenridge stepped out of the race and endorsed Rosendale saying he wanted to take a stand against “dark money.”

The mailer was apparently intended to draw libertarian-minded voters away from Rosendale and bring them over to Breckenridge’s column, thus, ensuring the victory for incumbent Democratic Sen. Jon Tester.

According to Fox, the mailer violated state and federal election laws because it didn’t identify the group that sent it
. It remains to be seen who actually was behind it, but the Fox article pointed out that the tactics used are similar to those used by “Democratic groups that supported Tester’s 2012 bid, where a mailer was sent out to promote another libertarian candidate.”

In the 2012 election, Tester won by 4 points after the Libertarian candidate drew 6 percent of the vote.

These 6 percentage points were just enough to put Tester over his Republican opponent. Had the 6 points gone to the Republican candidate, Tester would not have won.

Get informed @ -https://www.westernjournal.com/democrat ... tyalliance
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Always remember and never forget -

There is no low, that Democrats won't go

To have power.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Montana is revealing a newly encouraged and supported Antisemitism within too many of the radical right. Of course the republicans will approve and they’ll win.
Birds of a feather.
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am Always remember and never forget -

To have power.

Here’s a bit of information about the far right in Montana .
It’s ridiculous for you to continue making things up
about democrats.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am Always remember and never forget -

To have power.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good for him, rising above the illegal tactics.
We are seeing just the tip of how low Democrats will go. Just wait for the 2020.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 pm Good for him, rising above the illegal tactics.
We are seeing just the tip of how low Democrats will go. Just wait for the 2020.
I think Democrats will do well on Tuesday. I think they'll be celebrating. (shut it, BJ. I'm often wrong lol!) :?
And hopefully things will settle down. For awhile. But you're right. Shit will hit the fan next year when candidates begin throwing their hats in.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 473

Unread post

Russian trolls need work too!

libbylu wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:34 am

To have power.

Here’s a bit of information about the far right in Montana .
It’s ridiculous for you to continue making things up
about democrats.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm with Billie on this.
There won't be any gains by Dems and the Republicans will maintain the house.
morgan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:51 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 pm Good for him, rising above the illegal tactics.
I think Democrats will do well on Tuesday. I think they'll be celebrating. (shut it, BJ. I'm often wrong lol!) :?
And hopefully things will settle down. For awhile. But you're right. Shit will hit the fan next year when candidates begin throwing their hats in.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We'll see! 2016 was the most exciting, crazy election ever and I don't think I've ever seen a more energetic midterm before.
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:34 pm I'm with Billie on this.
There won't be any gains by Dems and the Republicans will maintain the house.
morgan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:51 pm
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic