Leaving me over his job?!

Is he a jerk for this or am I a bitch who is needy and expects to much?

He's a jerk.
30%
Needy bitch
25%
Need to compromise
38%
Other (reason given in reply)
8%

Total votes: 61
Jerk faced DH

Unread post

DH and I have been fighting a lot lately. He's been working 7 days a wk 10 hrs a day since Feb. He's literally had 6 days off in that entire time. He works very hard. He is constantly going 90 to nothing from the moment he wakes up @ 4:30 am until he gets home @ 5:15 pm.

When he gets home he does one of 3 things, he either goes outside and talks to the neighbors (we live in an apt complex) and watches the kids play *I will sometimes join him but I usually her ignored so I stay inside*, or he finds something to work on inside the apt or in/on his truck, or he'll say he's gonna spend time with me and then goes to sleep in his chair instead. To be fair, I understand how hard he works and in turn how tired he is and sometimes he can't help but fall asleep. But there are times where I'll ask him to watch xyz with me, talk etc and all the sudden he's falling asleep and if I ask him to sit up and try to stay awake bc I want to spend time together, it seems like he intentionally goes to sleep.

We were arguing abt how much he's working and how he has to learn how to balance his time btwn work kids and me and he told me that both the kids playing outside and his job are more important than spending time with me. Tbh I don't remember all that was said but he ended up looking at me and said if it came to it he'd leave me over his job.... I NEVER asked him to do anything different in re to his job. Not take a day off, Fo find a different one, taking a long lunch, leave early etc... So I have no idea where that case from.

He even told me I was being horrible bc I was calmly telling him I'm lonely and need some quality time with him. I'd even do stuff he wants to do within reason (he thinks deep cleaning or sitting in the same room playing on our phones or watching re-runs that I can't talk thru, is "QUALITY TIME"... Ugh
    Momo3boyzQueen2Aking
    Commoner
    Commoner

Unread post

I hope we can work things out. He just seems so angry all the time. His emotions have been ANGRY, hungry, FALLING ASLEEP. We have been together almost 7 yrs (Sept) & have 2 boys 5&2 who bed us to be able to communicate without arguing. He says they don't need us together and happy for them to be happy and grow up to have healthy happy fulfilling relationships of their own.
    AllofFive19
    Regent
    Regent

Unread post

He is being a jack ass. I'm assuming you don't work?
    “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
    Momo3boyzQueen2Aking
    Commoner
    Commoner

Unread post

I'm disabled so I can't work and I'm fighting for SSD. He thinks bc I'm home all day I should be able to keep the house spotless. He doesn't get how hard that is when you have severe damage to you neck and shoulders. Doing certain things causes excruciating pain and he gets annoyed by whining about anything. He also gets upset if I cry bc I'm in pain. He does swear it's bc it hurts him to see me cry in pain bc he can't take it away.
    AllofFive19 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 am He is being a jack ass. I'm assuming you don't work?
    patteacake
    Lady in Waiting
    Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I'm just wondering if you realize you came off of anon when you replied to the poll......
    ImageImage
    Momo3boyzQueen2Aking
    Commoner
    Commoner

Unread post

I didn't mean to go anon Tbh. I realised to late...
    patteacake wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 am I'm just wondering if you realize you came off of anon when you replied to the poll......
    Momo3boyzQueen2Aking
    Commoner
    Commoner

Unread post

Well I'm falling asleep typing so I think it's night night time for this mommy!!! :-) :-) :-)
    WickedPissah
    Princess Royal
    Princess Royal

Unread post

He sounds tired and frustrated. 12 hours a day is a long day. Do you at least make him dinner?
    I shit glitter
    patteacake
    Lady in Waiting
    Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Momo3boyzQueen2Aking wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:36 am I didn't mean to go anon Tbh. I realised to late...
    patteacake wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 am I'm just wondering if you realize you came off of anon when you replied to the poll......
    Jerk Faced DH
    ImageImage
    RedBottoms

Unread post

Is this a temporary thing or is this going to be his constant regular schedule? If this is temporary I would just get through it for now. Suck it up till the outage or whatever is over with. If this is going to be his regular schedule then something has to give. He is going to need to find a better happy medium. Take more days off or take longer lunches occasionally to spend time with you or get off early a few days a week or go in later a few days a week. Something so you can have couples time and family time. Or the marriage won't last and he will burn out.

My stepdad was a workaholic and it was masking serious PTSD that he worked to not deal with the PTSD that he was internally dealing with.

He also worked dawn to dusk-worked his construction job dawn to the afternoon then came home and worked on the house till dusk then went to sleep pretty much only to start over the next day and on weekends he just worked on the house all day. He never stopped working.

He had a mental breakdown when he was forced to retire and had to stop working and did not know what to do with himself. This could be your husband's future if he does not get some balance in his life. Just saying
    Locked Previous topicNext topic