What is the best DNA family history site?

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Anonymous 1

Does anyone know what DNA testing family history is the best?

I just want the DNA part. I do not want to trace my family tree because it is a mess. One side is full of native American heritage. The other side my great grandpa was adopted but we don't even know if that was even documented since his mom died during the birth and was adopted to the neighbors as a newborn. Also his birth last name and his last name after adoption was both very common names. So it would be best to stick with DNA. That never lies.

I know a little about my family. On my dad's side of the family. My great grandmother was full blooded native American. She was the medicine mans daughter. And my great grandpa parents were German immigrants. So I will know if the DNA test was just made up.

I typed in my maidian last name on ancestry dot com and it said I came from ohio and I was scottish, UK and british. It is a German last name for goodness sake! And there isn't a drop of UK British or Scottish in my family line. And we have never even been to ohio! So yeah I want to stick to dna.

Has anyone used a DNA family history site that turned up being correct?
Anonymous 2

The thing is, though, your DNA may go back further than what you thought and your German ancestors' ancestors may have come from The UK.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

23&me
Locked Previous topicNext topic