Can I get your POV please? (Sorry it’s long, again)

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thanks for bringing that up. He mentioned that. He was worried I was just attracted to him because I could trust him and I’d said I was frustrated that I couldn’t have S*x.

I’ve been trying to do more things on my own. The last year of my marriage I got a full time job and saved my own money. I hid it so my ex couldn’t blow it. NA has been good for meeting new people and going out and doing things. I’ve also been doing a lot of art therapy with my therapist and it’s gotten me really interested in art museums. I never realized how many art shows and events there were around me so that’s been fun.

piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm You're going through a lot right now and this Tony guy has been a good support. Give it time and don't do anything yet. Sometimes when we're in a vulnerable position, we may feel that we like someone, but really, we like what they have done for us, or are confused about what we want.

You need time to heal. Meet some more people, hold on the S*x and enjoy yourself in other ways. Pick up hobbies you've always wanted to try, or join a group for activity of some kind.

Then, once things are settled, if you still feel the same way - go for it.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm Thanks for bringing that up. He mentioned that. He was worried I was just attracted to him because I could trust him and I’d said I was frustrated that I couldn’t have S*x.

I’ve been trying to do more things on my own. The last year of my marriage I got a full time job and saved my own money. I hid it so my ex couldn’t blow it. NA has been good for meeting new people and going out and doing things. I’ve also been doing a lot of art therapy with my therapist and it’s gotten me really interested in art museums. I never realized how many art shows and events there were around me so that’s been fun.

piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm You're going through a lot right now and this Tony guy has been a good support. Give it time and don't do anything yet. Sometimes when we're in a vulnerable position, we may feel that we like someone, but really, we like what they have done for us, or are confused about what we want.

You need time to heal. Meet some more people, hold on the S*x and enjoy yourself in other ways. Pick up hobbies you've always wanted to try, or join a group for activity of some kind.

This is excellent to hear. The fact that he brought up these concerns with you shows he is in it for the long haul. It also means he is willing to be patient and wait for a relationship, so that it will last longer and be more meaningful. Don't make advances at this point, as his concerns are solid and doing so may have the opposite desired effect.

Art is great. It has an amazing capacity to express stories, feelings, and raw emotion to others, while also providing stress and anxiety relief, for the artists themselves.

Look at everything like a giant canvas. You are just beginning to paint your story. :)
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went to this really great show where the art was done by men and women impacted by the Opioid epidemic. It was really interesting hearing them share.

piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:56 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm Thanks for bringing that up. He mentioned that. He was worried I was just attracted to him because I could trust him and I’d said I was frustrated that I couldn’t have S*x.

This is excellent to hear. The fact that he brought up these concerns with you shows he is in it for the long haul. It also means he is willing to be patient and wait for a relationship, so that it will last longer and be more meaningful. Don't make advances at this point, as his concerns are solid and doing so may have the opposite desired effect.

Art is great. It has an amazing capacity to express stories, feelings, and raw emotion to others, while also providing stress and anxiety relief, for the artists themselves.

Look at everything like a giant canvas. You are just beginning to paint your story. :)
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:59 pm I went to this really great show where the art was done by men and women impacted by the Opioid epidemic. It was really interesting hearing them share.

That sounds pretty cool. My mom and my aunt are both artists, and I get all the free paintings I want because of it =)
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s awesome! I have an aunt that does these really cool drip art and spray painting canvases. I’d really like to hang up some of her stuff and the stuff I’ve done in therapy but I feel weird hanging up my own stuff.
piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:09 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:59 pm I went to this really great show where the art was done by men and women impacted by the Opioid epidemic. It was really interesting hearing them share.

That sounds pretty cool. My mom and my aunt are both artists, and I get all the free paintings I want because of it =)
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:12 pm That’s awesome! I have an aunt that does these really cool drip art and spray painting canvases. I’d really like to hang up some of her stuff and the stuff I’ve done in therapy but I feel weird hanging up my own stuff.

You should absolutely do it! They're great conversation pieces for sure. :D
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Her stuff is really cool. Mine is uh...interesting. The process is therapeutic but the end result is...interesting. Just leave it at interesting.

piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 pm
noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:12 pm That’s awesome! I have an aunt that does these really cool drip art and spray painting canvases. I’d really like to hang up some of her stuff and the stuff I’ve done in therapy but I feel weird hanging up my own stuff.

You should absolutely do it! They're great conversation pieces for sure. :D
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mama_danetta wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:37 pm I think the last thing someone who just got divorced needs is another relationship. I think it would be wiser to focus on yourself, your kids, and your sobriety.
Exactly this
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

when I divorced I was in no rush to date again. I spent a lot of time working on myself. Getting used to being by myself/alone.I had some personal goals I wanted to accomplish. Don't rush yourself or feel like you have to be with someone to feel whole/loved.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well it’s kind of the opposite. I don’t feel like I need to be with someone. I’m actually ok being alone. I went on one date when we first split up because a co-worker set me up and it was eh. He was nice enough but there was no spark and I really didn’t want to date.

I feel better on my own. It’s safer and more comfortable to me. But I couldn’t deny that I had feelings for him. And I didn’t really know what to do because my plan was to be alone.

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm when I divorced I was in no rush to date again. I spent a lot of time working on myself. Getting used to being by myself/alone.I had some personal goals I wanted to accomplish. Don't rush yourself or feel like you have to be with someone to feel whole/loved.
Locked Previous topicNext topic