After ICE Raid, A Shortage Of Welders In Tigertown, Texas

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

But you won't hear those complaints in Tigertown, Texas. This flyspeck community situated between cotton fields near the Oklahoma border is home to a half-dozen major trailer manufacturers — all competitors. And they all employ undocumented workers.

"I think the manufacturing industry in Texas, any kind of steel fabrication construction, depends on illegal immigrant labor," Hiebert says.

libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep
And they assume they’re scary bad guys.
They're rounding up skilled workers and calling them criminal illegals.
There should be opportunities for citizenship. Time to apply and be accepted .
They’re working and contributing.

But according to the right wingers, they’re in league with the devil
and need to be incarcerated.
Stupid
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They will recover. we can condone illegal activities. During the stops of this "migration on a bus" They just busted ISIS people. Scary it they were let in.
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am They will recover. we can condone illegal activities. During the stops of this "migration on a bus" They just busted ISIS people. Scary it they were let in.
I'm not sure this industry as well as farming and health care will recover if along with the deportations, legal avenues for migrant and immigrant workers to fill these vacancies are not implemented and it doesn't seem that this administration wants to implement increased legal immigration.

As far as the ISIS members busted at the Guatemala border, so far we only have Jimmy Morales stating that occurred and he obviously has a motive to make this claim. I'd like to see some further proof.
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 am
Linaluo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 am They will recover. we can condone illegal activities. During the stops of this "migration on a bus" They just busted ISIS people. Scary it they were let in.
I'm not sure this industry as well as farming and health care will recover if along with the deportations, legal avenues for migrant and immigrant workers to fill these vacancies are not implemented and it doesn't seem that this administration wants to implement increased legal immigration.

As far as the ISIS members busted at the Guatemala border, so far we only have Jimmy Morales stating that occurred and he obviously has a motive to make this claim. I'd like to see some further proof.
I think they will. However you are right about needing proof but Unfortunately Isis and terror groups know how to get in and the Media politicizes so much that they will try to exploit. Our being lax on immigration has hurt this country. People need to follow the law. THe job never should have knowingly taken in people illegally.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am

I think they will. However you are right about needing proof but Unfortunately Isis and terror groups know how to get in and the Media politicizes so much that they will try to exploit. Our being lax on immigration has hurt this country. People need to follow the law. THe job never should have knowingly taken in people illegally.
I think industries like the one in the article will easily move to Mexico and survive. Healthcare, farming, hospitality, and construction industries are not as portable.

I agree that they shouldn't have hired people illegally, however, if there is no legal way to bring in immigrant workers for a particular industry, what does a company do? Shutter the doors?
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:31 am

I think industries like the one in the article will easily move to Mexico and survive. Healthcare, farming, hospitality, and construction industries are not as portable.

I agree that they shouldn't have hired people illegally, however, if there is no legal way to bring in immigrant workers for a particular industry, what does a company do? Shutter the doors?
I wish I had the answer
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linaluo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 am

I wish I had the answer

The answer - mostly - is to stop paying people to sit home and not work.

It's going to be culture shock to the people (sometimes for generations) that are used to it, but that is the answer.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm

I wish I had the answer

It's going to be culture shock to the people (sometimes for generations) that are used to it, but that is the answer.
I agree!!
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm

I wish I had the answer

agree
Locked Previous topicNext topic