NBC reporter gets reality checked by women voters in NY Democrat district: ‘If you don’t like it, go to Venezuela’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There’s no blue wave to be found in this one New York City borough as an NBC reporter discovered.

(snip)

NBC News correspondent Jacob Soboroff checked on the blue versus red wave in a “Today” show segment Wednesday as he spoke with customers in a ShopRite store in Staten Island, a borough that is a bastion of conservatism in an otherwise very liberal city.

Soboroff accompanied Rep. Dan Donovan who invited the reporter to the local grocery store where, he said, “you really find out what’s on people’s minds.”

And what was on the minds of shoppers in the district may have been unexpected by the reporter as one after another praised President Donald Trump and his policies.

One particularly entertaining woman, who was identified only as Jenny, explained her T-shirt to the NBC reporter when he asked her what it said.

“What does it say there?” Soboroff asked after Donovan shook her hand.”‘Stand for the flag, kneel for cross?’”

“Absolutely,” she said. “And if you don’t like it, go to Venezuela.”

Soboroff and Donovan broke into laughter.

“If you want me to come around and campaign for you, I most certainly will,” she told Donovan.

The Republican congressman who was elected in 2015 represents New York’s 11th congressional district which, Soboroff pointed out in the segment, overwhelmingly voted for Trump in the 2016 election.

Women at a deli counter responded to Soboroff’s question about what kind of things will be on their minds in the upcoming election.

“Supporting my president,” the employee behind the counter said.

“Same thing,” agreed a woman shopping. “I love Donald Trump. He’s great.”

Get Informed @ -https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/10/18 ... mpaign=DMS
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Linaluo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think we are going to see a blue wave upset here. :-)
"We were born free and we will stay free" -President Trump 2020
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The employee added that after the contentious confirmation hearings for Justice Brett Kavanaugh, many voters in the area – including Democrats – were “outraged.”

“So many women that work here were outraged by that,” she said.

“Really?” Soboroff asked, surprised.

“The way he was treated. Just the treatment,” she said, referring to the smear campaign and attacks by Democrats against the then-Supreme Court nominee as he faced multiple allegations of decades-old sexual misconduct.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some still doesn't get the message....not everyone is unhappy with Trump.
Locked Previous topicNext topic