Just got a peek of our benefits under open enrollment

Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

And our health benefits for 2019 have radically IMPROVED for minimal increase. I am pleasantly surprised.

I've worked here 5 years and each tear our insurance gets worse. Were a huge Fortune 800 company so they have skimped on benefits. The biggest negative change last year is that meds are now lumped in with the medical deductible so you get no coverage on meds until you meet deductible and this is very challenging for people on family plans with higher deductibles.

HR listened to complaints on our coverage and for our profits and size, we should increase prescription coverage as meds are a hardship esp people who take insulin- I am so lucky I don't have diabetes and I know insulin is a rip off.

1st) there is a now 3 page list of medicines my employer has decided to cover FREE OF CHARGE-no deductible to be met-and insulin and a bunch of diabetic supplies are on there along with Asthma, Beta Blockers, HBP, a little bit of everything. A little bit of everything from every category BUT nothing so far for gastro/digestive issues (me) so I just have to wait and see what the final price is.

2) My premium (I only cover my myself) went up only $5 a check

3) deductible and coverage appears is the same

4) Employer now contributes $150 more into my HSA account for free so total of $750.

This is good and a nice change.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Write a letter to your congressman or senator and tell them that healthcare has become uunaffordable and ask what they are doing about it.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sorry but that sounds like horrible insurance.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HSA can be a good way to handle the prescription costs you know you will have next year. You can contribute additional money to it in most cases, and it is pre-tax dollars so the money goes farther. It can roll over year to year, and even be used once you retire to pay insurance premiums, dental, eye care or medical costs.

I built up ours by quite a large sum and by the time I was ready to leave my corporate job it was enough to carry our medical out-of-pocket for many years.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We used to have horrific insurance through my husband's last company. Then he got a much better job with insurance that's unbelievably good. DH and I are covered for free as long as we do a wellness program. Someone from the insurance company comes to his work once a year to do a blood draw, take blood pressure, weight, etc. If you smoke, they have a program to help you stop. If you need to lose weight, they'll help you for free. To add the kids? $217/month. And it's very good coverage.

I told DH he has to with there forever just for the insurance.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The plan for 2019 is MUCH better with a huge list of meds covered for free.

Sorry if my post was confusing otherwise, I'll edit

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:33 pm Sorry but that sounds like horrible insurance.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thanks OBAMA. Only the poor benefitted from Obamacare. Us middle class taxpayers pay for MEDICAID at the end of the day.

Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm Write a letter to your congressman or senator and tell them that healthcare has become uunaffordable and ask what they are doing about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That is good, happy for you!

My company also has a wellness plan that gives you FREE money into your HSA. So that's good.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 pm We used to have horrific insurance through my husband's last company. Then he got a much better job with insurance that's unbelievably good. DH and I are covered for free as long as we do a wellness program. Someone from the insurance company comes to his work once a year to do a blood draw, take blood pressure, weight, etc. If you smoke, they have a program to help you stop. If you need to lose weight, they'll help you for free. To add the kids? $217/month. And it's very good coverage.

I told DH he has to with there forever just for the insurance.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is great news about some of the prescriptions being covered.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:46 pm Thanks OBAMA. Only the poor benefitted from Obamacare. Us middle class taxpayers pay for MEDICAID at the end of the day.

Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm Write a letter to your congressman or senator and tell them that healthcare has become uunaffordable and ask what they are doing about it.
OK, he's gone. New administration. Nothing will change unless people get involved. People need to write to their local representatives to let them know health care is unaffordable and getting worse every year and ask them what they are going about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic