I know I know it’s my 3rd post about my nanny kid

BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I really don’t remember them giving so many shots even 13 years ago when my kid was a newborn.

Baby is 4 months old and got 6 shots and some of them were combos yesterday :( poor baby, he’s had a rough night and has been sleeping solidly since 6 am.....which is unusual.

Dad said last night he was inconsolable:(

I thought they spaced shots out a little more than this?
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's unnecessary and, frankly, dangerous. If doctors are doing this, it's to satisfy the parents.

http://time.com/3726887/doctors-space-out-vaccines/
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Holy crap that does sound like a lot at once
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m pro vaccine and I wouldn’t allow them to give 6 at a time. I always split my kids vaccines, so they had everything they needed by kindergarten but to not to over load them. If it makes you this uncomfortable talk to your pediatrician about splitting up the shots maybe 2 at a time unless it’s a multi- and keep it at 1.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The additional vaccines have to do with medicinal progress, and the fact that kids are exposed to fewer antigens and preservatives.
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 am The additional vaccines have to do with medicinal progress, and the fact that kids are exposed to fewer antigens and preservatives.
I understand that I just didn’t realize they gave so many all at once.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am
piratemoo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 am The additional vaccines have to do with medicinal progress, and the fact that kids are exposed to fewer antigens and preservatives.
I understand that I just didn’t realize they gave so many all at once.
Yea, we get about twice as many now. Heck, even the chicken pox. I'm glad my kids won't have to worry about shingles TBH.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Parents can choose to space them out. I did that with my son and will do that with my next one.
Mama0212
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 am Parents can choose to space them out. I did that with my son and will do that with my next one.
This! Parents have a choice. Our ped has a rule of no more than 2 per visit. We decided to go with 1 at a time, when possible.

But honestly, I didn't get the impression that the parents you work for care too much about their son's "struggles". (Can't think of a better word)
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 am I really don’t remember them giving so many shots even 13 years ago when my kid was a newborn.

Baby is 4 months old and got 6 shots and some of them were combos yesterday :( poor baby, he’s had a rough night and has been sleeping solidly since 6 am.....which is unusual.

Dad said last night he was inconsolable:(

I thought they spaced shots out a little more than this?
These are the only shots he should have gotten yesterday. DTaP, Hib, polio, pneumococcal vaccines (combined in two shots) and the rotavirus vaccine (given orally). Something is not right here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic