speaking of the violent left...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 am
Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:42 am

Outside of losing my mother and a brother in a three week period, there's nothing wrong with me. Let the crazies battle it out with each other.
I’m sorry for your losses.

Why is the Metropolitan Republican Club hosting a far-right group of “crazies”?
Because they are extremists. I'm capable of admitting it, yet you have trouble calling out the extremists on the left. I suspect because you are one.
The Metropolitan Republican Club is hosting far-right crazies because the Republicans are extremists? Interesting. Will you still vote for Republicans if they’re extremists?

I don’t have any problem calling out left-wing extremists. The personal attack out of nowhere is interesting and telling though.
TheQueenOfEverything
Regent
Regent

really? have you seen me approve of a vicious assault like you just did here? i don’t think so. in fact i think you would be hard pressed to find many examples of progressives acting like this. i think the best you’ll do is a few stories about some antagonistic asshole getting their MAGA hat snatched. maybe an odd nazi getting sucker punched. but certainly not mobs of people teaming up to kick people huddled on the ground or bragging about smashing someone’s head in the pavement; those are mostly right wing behaviors. meanwhile i could easily find a lot of examples of violent conservatives physically assaulting people.
Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:24 pm
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am yes, they become violent when right wing loons start assaulting protestors or driving their cars into crowds of people, because right wing extremists are violent & dangerous. that’s what i was saying.
Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:12 am

The protests we are seeing are becoming violent.
So are left wing extremists. But you apparently side with them.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Francee89 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Because they are extremists. I'm capable of admitting it, yet you have trouble calling out the extremists on the left. I suspect because you are one.
The Metropolitan Republican Club is hosting far-right crazies because the Republicans are extremists? Interesting. Will you still vote for Republicans if they’re extremists?

I don’t have any problem calling out left-wing extremists. The personal attack out of nowhere is interesting and telling though.
Interesting that you had that take on her comment. I took it to mean that the Metropolitan Republican Club was extremists, not the whole party.

You asked why the MRC was hosting the group, not why the GOP was hosting the group, no?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

DSamuels wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Interesting that you had that take on her comment. I took it to mean that the Metropolitan Republican Club was extremists, not the whole party.

You asked why the MRC was hosting the group, not why the GOP was hosting the group, no?
The Metropolitan Republican Club is just a meeting place for Republicans in New York. They’re not an offshoot group of the GOP with different views, they’re a clubhouse for Republicans.

They’ve hosted plenty of Republican politicians and conservative figures - Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Mike Lee, Lindsey Graham, Ann Coulter, Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro and more:
http://www.metclubnyc.org/speakers.htm & https://m.facebook.com/metclubnyc/posts. If the MRC was an extremist group, why are these politicians going to their clubhouse and speaking to extremists? And if the MRC aren’t extremists, why are they hosting a far-right, violence endorsing hate group?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

nice try.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:25 pm

nice try.
Nice try at what? You said “because they are extremists” in response to me asking “why is the Metropolitan Republican Club hosting a far-right group of “crazies?”?

The MRC is a gathering place for New York Republicans, who have hosted GOP elected officials and well known conservative figures. If they’re extremists, why are people like Ted Cruz and Jeanine Pirro going? And if they’re not, why are they comfortable inviting and associating Republicans with far-right crazies?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I did not know the MRC was just basically a room, building maybe, owned by republicans. I would guess then that any group that is republican could probably reserve it for a meeting or gathering, yes? Most places like that have to say yes to any request or risk being charged with discrimination.

I agree with Carpy, nice try at claiming all republicans are tainted by some.
Francee89 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:14 pm

The Metropolitan Republican Club is just a meeting place for Republicans in New York. They’re not an offshoot group of the GOP with different views, they’re a clubhouse for Republicans.

They’ve hosted plenty of Republican politicians and conservative figures - Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Mike Lee, Lindsey Graham, Ann Coulter, Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro and more:
http://www.metclubnyc.org/speakers.htm & https://m.facebook.com/metclubnyc/posts. If the MRC was an extremist group, why are these politicians going to their clubhouse and speaking to extremists? And if the MRC aren’t extremists, why are they hosting a far-right, violence endorsing hate group?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Francee89
Regent
Regent

DSamuels wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 pm I did not know the MRC was just basically a room, building maybe, owned by republicans. I would guess then that any group that is republican could probably reserve it for a meeting or gathering, yes? Most places like that have to say yes to any request or risk being charged with discrimination.

I agree with Carpy, nice try at claiming all republicans are tainted by some.
Francee89 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Nope. They’re a private club and political beliefs aren’t a protected class in New York: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/cchr/law/the-law.page.

There’d be no risk of a lawsuit in turning them down, and they clearly didn’t book them under duress, since they were promoting having McInnes as a speaker on their Facebook page.

So, if the MRC aren’t the extremists Carpy was referring to, who are? If the MRC are extremists, why do Republican politicians and conservative figures associate with them? And why shouldn’t all Republicans be tainted by some when the President and conservative media have been trying to paint Democrats as angry, unhinged and violent because of some?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 am Pushing back against violent protifa. Someone has to do it.
What a horrible excuse to justify violence.

You understand that anti fa was created when alt rightwhite supremacists were increasing in numbers and murdering people. I’m not saying that they can be violent just because others are. But let’s not forget our history.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:42 am
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:36 am those protesters were not violent. but holy shit there is something wrong g with you, besides your raging hypocrisy.
Carpy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 am Pushing back against violent protifa. Someone has to do it.
Outside of losing my mother and a brother in a three week period, there's nothing wrong with me. Let the crazies battle it out with each other.
That sucks. I’m really sorry for your loss.
Locked Previous topicNext topic