I want to get DS a haircut but

Unread post

Every single time without fail he jerks his head at the very last second, when we are almost done. This results in the clippers cutting one area much shorter than the rest, so I have to cut all of his hair that short so it looks even.

But he does NOT look good that way. His hair gets lighter the shorter it's cut. To be honest, he looks like he has hardly any hair when it's cut. People have said he looks like a chemo patient with it that short. My aim is always a 2 and it always ends up being a 1. A 3 is too long and looks like he hasn't had a cut.

He does the same when I take him to an actual barber, whether it's a kid one or not, same thing.

I have tried holding his head still but he always manages somehow to jerk his head and cause unevenness.

He is 9. He should know to hold his head still. No SN.

He doesn't think it looks good either. Yet he won't stop jerking his head so we don't have to make it a 1 all the way around.

Punishment and rewards do not work.

Wwyd?

He doesn't look good with his hair long either. It's really thick so right now he looks scruffy with the longer hair.
AnakinVader

Unread post

are you trying to do it all one length? if so start with a 3 and then if/when he jerks his head and it goes a little shorter, then cut it all to a 2 like you originally wanted it.
anon

Unread post

Save yourself the headache and just have the barber use the #2 and buzz his head completely every single time

Unread post

9 years old is old enough to know better. If he moves than tough love. He will be the one looking crazy.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I would stop cutting his hair with clippers and use scissors.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

sounds like a compulsion of some sort..
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Why not go to a stylist who uses scissors?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 pm I would stop cutting his hair with clippers and use scissors.
This. Yds used to hate the clippers and I'd tell stylists don't worry about cleaning up the back of his neck or ears. He's a little kid who cares? If you must use clippers why not start with a four and if he jerks dial to the 3 or 2?

Unread post

*skruffy
guestv

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 pm*skruffy
Not the OP but skeuffy isn't a word....
Locked Previous topicNext topic