Does you MIL do this?

Another MIL Hater

Unread post

Or anyone else you know?

My MIL will make a comment if she sees we've been anywhere within like 10 miles of her home. "So close and no visit," kind of stuff.

1. She never visits us. We go to all her events she invites us to.

2. We're like a city away. It's not that far.

I had to tell her, listen, DH works 12 hours a day-7 days a week. I'm amazed we got to go out together at all. She had nothing to say thankfully. If he wanted to go over there, he would!

I don't hate MIL, I was just joking in my name btw.
Another MIL Hater

Unread post

*YOUR
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No my MIL is not passive-aggressive. She also lives in Texas and we live several states away.
RedBottoms

Unread post

how is she seeing where you are going? that is the first way to shut down the snarky little guilt trip comments. Unfriend her on fb and social media. Stop tagging yourself in locations where she can see it. Don't post pics of locations near her so she can see it.

What she does not know--won't hurt her. Stop the info train basically.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, my mil prefer that we don't visit often.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

no, my MIL is awesome
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

no, my MIL is awesome
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My MIL is my neighbor so I'm always nearby. LOL She's pretty awesome though.
Coffeetillcocktails
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm how is she seeing where you are going? that is the first way to shut down the snarky little guilt trip comments. Unfriend her on fb and social media. Stop tagging yourself in locations where she can see it. Don't post pics of locations near her so she can see it.

What she does not know--won't hurt her. Stop the info train basically.
Oh god I don’t recommend that with a passive aggressive mil! If she’s like mine that would cause a war of epic proportions and make her initial comments seem like day at the park!

We went through this with my mil and daughter (15). Mil commented something on an Instagram post my dd has up. It caused lots of unwanted attention and was the last straw in regard to her comments on posts so dd blocked her. What has ensued for the last year has been like Chinese torture. Beginning with a verbal assault last thanksgiving against dd that ended with us being throw out of sil house. Sil tried to physically go after dd. Dd didn’t say anything to them. But they were screaming at her about why she hates them and who blokes family. Omg it was so absurd I can’t even adequately explain it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic