Hurricane hitting Florida.....Let's close the schools in NC

Unread post

People are super pissed about them canceling school tomorrow but what the hell do they expect. We still have standing water,the rivers are still high and we still have piles of debris waiting to be picked up....Of course they are going to cancel school
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Looks like you guys are going to get more rain that you don't need.

Unread post

Ladyiq wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 pm Looks like you guys are going to get more rain that you don't need.
they are predicting (last I looked) 1 to 3 inches. Right now we cant handle another inch

Unread post

I got the robo call from the school a couple hours ago about school being cancelled tomorrow and I'll admit that I was annoyed just by the overall situation, not the decision the school officials made.

The people lashing probably have child care to find by tomorrow if they don't want to miss work.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 pm I got the robo call from the school a couple hours ago about school being cancelled tomorrow and I'll admit that I was annoyed just by the overall situation, not the decision the school officials made.

The people lashing probably have child care to find by tomorrow if they don't want to miss work.
If school is cancelled wouldn't non-essential employees also not have to go in? Wouldn't the potential floods also hit businesses?

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:23 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 pm I got the robo call from the school a couple hours ago about school being cancelled tomorrow and I'll admit that I was annoyed just by the overall situation, not the decision the school officials made.

If school is cancelled wouldn't non-essential employees also not have to go in? Wouldn't the potential floods also hit businesses?
Not really. We had places open during Florence. Everything will be opened tomorrow.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I live in an area that had bad standing water and flooding recently and schools were closed. They have to be able to run the buses safely or they close
Locked Previous topicNext topic