And this is why I take my kids to Disney every year.....

RedBottoms

Unread post

I am done with Disney for now. Our last trip was not good. We went during a normally off season time but it was packed. Apparently there is no off season anymore. My mom got stampeded by some guy and knocked into a light pole and got all bruised up in the mad rush to the new Pandora Flights of Passage ride and Disney did not do shit for us when I told them about it. They don't manage crowds for shit.

Several rides broke down while we were there too.

I was over it.

I had a way better time at Universal the year before. It was empty with walk on to every ride and none of this stampede bullshit that Disney has.
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We are hopefully going for dds 7 th birthday this year. Have a great time!!
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We leave in 2 weeks. I think i will tell the kids for the time we are there my name will be princess lol
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
SunshineDaydream
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

That is so sweet ♥️ Have fun!

I have never had much desire to go to Disney World myself. Last time I went I was 17 and it sucked.

I'm road tripping and camping in WA, WY, and CO with my best friend in 7 weeks! THAT is my idea of an exciting vacation!!!

Then staying at our lake house in Maine with the family in August. I like to go to North in the summer lol!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have fun!!
We did Disney last year. It was super fun. My daughter wants to go again this summer, but I'm burned out on Disney(this would be our 4th visit).
ginger0104
Villein
Villein

Unread post

We're doing Disneyland in August, just a little too far away to start our countdown. It's right at about 3 months from now. I absolutely can't WAIT. I haven't gone with my kids in a long time. We've done plenty of other theme parks in the past several years, just not DL.

We're planning on Disneyland for the honeymoon next year, too.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:41 am I am done with Disney for now. Our last trip was not good. We went during a normally off season time but it was packed. Apparently there is no off season anymore. My mom got stampeded by some guy and knocked into a light pole and got all bruised up in the mad rush to the new Pandora Flights of Passage ride and Disney did not do shit for us when I told them about it. They don't manage crowds for shit.

Several rides broke down while we were there too.

I was over it.

I had a way better time at Universal the year before. It was empty with walk on to every ride and none of this stampede bullshit that Disney has.
We went last year and my dd became violently ill on our last night there. We wound up having to call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. I was not impressed with how we were treated. Before I called the ambulance, the doctor on grounds talked to me like I was too dumb to understand him, security was sent to our room to take a report before the ambulance came, and they charged us the highest rate allowed for the extra night that we had to stay. Shout out to Southwest Airlines though. They changed our tickets last minute for 29 dollars a person, and would have done it at no charge if we hadn't had to add in a layover.
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:58 pm
PreciousDolphin894 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 pm Have fun when you go with the kiddos. Lucky Girl.

I've been to Disney World many times in my life. I've also been to Disney Land a couple of times. I prefer Disney World though. Anyway, the thing that makes me sad and cringe is how darn expensive it has gotten. It's almost out of reach if not already for the Lower Middle Class to Middle Class families. My DH and I are lower middle class and at the prices it's at now for entry into the Magic Kingdom, it's almost unaffordable or even un affordable for us to go now even if we wanted to. It makes me incredibly sad because Walt Disney's vision itself is pretty much gone. Walt's vision was that the park was made accessible for everyone to go despite whom the person was. That's the Greedy new CEO's or ya though. I cannot absolutely accept Greed what so ever. I think it's disgusting and wrong. I hope someday I and my family can go. We have a special needs son whom loves the song "It's A Small world After All" which happens to be my favorite song and ride in the Disney parks and has been since I was a child. Well, I want my special needs son and even daughters to be able to experience the experiences I've had going throughout the years. When my oldest was little I and my xh whom was my husband at the time took our oldest once. Now I want the other two to get to experience the fun as well.

Anyway, I hope you and the kids have a good time!
It is expensive, but there are tons of tips online to make it less expensive.

Everything else I might suggest would probably sound bitchy and I can’t go anon.
Should be fixed now.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Fallenangel
Commoner
Commoner

Unread post

Cute!
Deleted User 244

Unread post

PreciousDolphin894 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:00 pm
MC08 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:58 pm
PreciousDolphin894 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 pm Have fun when you go with the kiddos. Lucky Girl.

I've been to Disney World many times in my life. I've also been to Disney Land a couple of times. I prefer Disney World though. Anyway, the thing that makes me sad and cringe is how darn expensive it has gotten. It's almost out of reach if not already for the Lower Middle Class to Middle Class families. My DH and I are lower middle class and at the prices it's at now for entry into the Magic Kingdom, it's almost unaffordable or even un affordable for us to go now even if we wanted to. It makes me incredibly sad because Walt Disney's vision itself is pretty much gone. Walt's vision was that the park was made accessible for everyone to go despite whom the person was. That's the Greedy new CEO's or ya though. I cannot absolutely accept Greed what so ever. I think it's disgusting and wrong. I hope someday I and my family can go. We have a special needs son whom loves the song "It's A Small world After All" which happens to be my favorite song and ride in the Disney parks and has been since I was a child. Well, I want my special needs son and even daughters to be able to experience the experiences I've had going throughout the years. When my oldest was little I and my xh whom was my husband at the time took our oldest once. Now I want the other two to get to experience the fun as well.

Anyway, I hope you and the kids have a good time!
It is expensive, but there are tons of tips online to make it less expensive.

Everything else I might suggest would probably sound bitchy and I can’t go anon.
I'll definitely check out those online tips to make it less expensive, ty for the tip. I appreciate that.
So I was thinking more about affordable ways to do Orlando this morning and have a constructive suggestion. There is a place that sells timeshares called Sheraton Vistana Villages. I bet if you went to the website and requested information they would call you up and offer you 4 nights for $99. When you get there, they’ll offer you $100 gift card to listen to an hour presentation. If you blow them off the first time they’ll up it to $175.

Groupon does generally have Orlando ticket deals, and you could mix in something less expensive than Disney like Sea World, which is actually very close to Vistana Villages. The down side of staying off property is that you will either need to drive to Orlando or get a rental car.

You can also get a Disney Rewards card from Chase and earn Disney dollars as rewards. I actually have most of my bills charged directly to one of my cards in order to rack up more points 😂

Just some ideas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic