I don't believe my daughter

Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 am Haha good old fakebook!

Only someone looking for attention would do that, I totally agree with you. When she walked through the door I would give her the look and say, Really??? And go from there.
I actually did something similar to what you said before reading the answers. She got confused and said ‘what?’ I asked her what the point of her post was and she smiled before hiding it and accusing me of not believing her experience. Well now I don’t.
Yep that's the guilty reply. BUSTED! One day it will bite her in the ass.
Coffeetillcocktails
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:35 pm
Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 am Did she report it to the police? My husband takes reports for this exact scenario all the time. That would be what I call and tell her. Facebook isn’t the avenue for tracking down criminal activity. Go to the authorities.
She says she didn’t report it because this train did not have cameras as it is an old one (that part I can believe) and nobody else came to her aid so she doubted they would help her report it. Bit too convenient imo.
I guess but regardless she should have reported it. There aren’t cameras on his trains either. They take the info and file it. I’m not saying it results in an arrest but she would give a description. And if he does it again her report would be added to the incident and she could be called to I’d him. And boom there’s your arrest.

I don’t understand this assumption or need to be believed. The cops take a report end of story. There’s no believe or disbelieve. They ask questions yes but they need things in the report it’s not always judgment. And even if it is who gives a crap they still file the report.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:08 am Why do you think that she is lying other than because she sometimes exaggerates small things?
Because she is a liar. She always has been.
Nobody lies all of the time. It says she has never lied about big things before. Being an occasional liar doesn't mean you are unable to be a victim. If that's your only reason, that's pretty disturbing.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 am Did she report it to the police? My husband takes reports for this exact scenario all the time. That would be what I call and tell her. Facebook isn’t the avenue for tracking down criminal activity. Go to the authorities.
She says she didn’t report it because this train did not have cameras as it is an old one (that part I can believe) and nobody else came to her aid so she doubted they would help her report it. Bit too convenient imo.
I guess but regardless she should have reported it. There aren’t cameras on his trains either. They take the info and file it. I’m not saying it results in an arrest but she would give a description. And if he does it again her report would be added to the incident and she could be called to I’d him. And boom there’s your arrest.

I don’t understand this assumption or need to be believed. The cops take a report end of story. There’s no believe or disbelieve. They ask questions yes but they need things in the report it’s not always judgment. And even if it is who gives a crap they still file the report.
Most sexual crimes go unreported, because of the reasons the girl gave.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Most sexual crimes go unreported, for the reasons she stated.
Coffeetillcocktails
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Coffeetillcocktails wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Most sexual crimes go unreported, because of the reasons the girl gave.
I get that and that needs to change. As I pointed out. It doesn’t matter if the police or anyone believes you. It’s irrelevant to filing a complaint. Women just need to start getting that...just file. Worry about belief after there’s a paper trail. Does filing a complaint mean an arrest no. But it certainly increases the chances. If there’s no complaint then there’s zero chance of getting the guy.

It’s 2018 it’s time we start helping ourselves. File the damn complaints.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

yikes..has she ever had therapy for lying? How old is she (sorry if I missed it)?

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Guest wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:08 am Why do you think that she is lying other than because she sometimes exaggerates small things?
Because she is a liar. She always has been.
Nobody lies all of the time. It says she has never lied about big things before. Being an occasional liar doesn't mean you are unable to be a victim. If that's your only reason, that's pretty disturbing.
That's the problem with lying....Nobody believes a liar. BTW I'm not the OP
zoo003
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I couldn't imagine not believing my daughter. Maybe she didn't go to you first because she knew you wouldn't believe her? What happens if you are completely wrong and you accuse her of lying? What do you think will happen to the relationship between the two of you?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm I think it’s horrible you automatically assume she’s lying. What if she’s telling the truth? How would you feel?
Have you never heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?
The daughter is a known exaggerator of stories. To the point that the mom questions her credibility, which tells me the daughter does it a lot.
If you cry wolf enough to the point no one believes you, then you face the consequence of no one believing you even when it's real. Perhaps that lesson to the daughter is more important here than what really happened on the train.
Locked Previous topicNext topic