Non stress tests 32 weeks on up

anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:14 pm
anonforever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pm
Jessi19 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:05 pm I’m having biweekly biophysical profiles done. Yesterday baby didn’t get all his points so they added an nst. But I have a history of preterm labor, currently have gestational diabetes and am now insulin dependent and have had a still birth so it’s for good reason. It’s a pain so I understand not wanting to especially just to sit in the monitor. At least with the biophysical profile I get to see him every time
Ugh I had to have the bio physicals done on my triplets twice a week at the end of my pregnancy. Three babies took forever...then I had to lay there and wait for them to get my doc from upstairs which usually took an hour for him to wander down to check the results to decide if he was admitting me or not..I dreaded those days thankfully it was only for two weeks before they were born.
He didn’t get his breathing points for the first time yesterday so now I’m stressing that. Nice to have someone who understands! I can’t imagine 3 babies to worry about. How far did you get with your babies? I’m thankfully 36 weeks so if he needs to come it’d be ok
34 weeks five days. We were aiming for 36 weeks to beat my doctors office record for triplets but my blood pressure decided otherwise. We had days where they were so squished in there that they couldn't get accurate results which is why he said he wanted them twice a week. It was scary. Towards the end they were really worried about me going into labor at home because we lived two hours from the hospital with the NICU. My doc had already communicated with my local hospital to transport me up there. I was told to call 911 if I went into labor at home was nothing like my first. They were 2.5 lbs and 4.4, 4.4lbs. No health issues.
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:23 pm
anonforever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Ugh I had to have the bio physicals done on my triplets twice a week at the end of my pregnancy. Three babies took forever...then I had to lay there and wait for them to get my doc from upstairs which usually took an hour for him to wander down to check the results to decide if he was admitting me or not..I dreaded those days thankfully it was only for two weeks before they were born.
He didn’t get his breathing points for the first time yesterday so now I’m stressing that. Nice to have someone who understands! I can’t imagine 3 babies to worry about. How far did you get with your babies? I’m thankfully 36 weeks so if he needs to come it’d be ok
34 weeks five days. We were aiming for 36 weeks to beat my doctors office record for triplets but my blood pressure decided otherwise. We had days where they were so squished in there that they couldn't get accurate results which is why he said he wanted them twice a week. It was scary. Towards the end they were really worried about me going into labor at home because we lived two hours from the hospital with the NICU. My doc had already communicated with my local hospital to transport me up there. I was told to call 911 if I went into labor at home was nothing like my first. They were 2.5 lbs and 4.4, 4.4lbs. No health issues.
Wow that’s amazing to get so far! I feel really blessed to have made it this far. I had a still born at 23 weeks, and went into labor with my dd at 27 weeks but was put on bed rest and able to keep her in till 37 thank god.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Wow that’s amazing to get so far! I feel really blessed to have made it this far. I had a still born at 23 weeks, and went into labor with my dd at 27 weeks but was put on bed rest and able to keep her in till 37 thank god.
yeah, my doctor kept telling me he expected to see me in a wheelchair at my next appointment because it was quite the trek up from the parking garage to his office. I honestly believe it was my staying active that helped me keep them in as long as I did. I never needed that wheelchair I walked up to his office the day he admitted me one week before they were born. I stayed in the hospital for a week on bedrest until the day they were born I woke up and just didn't feel right. I started having chest pains and just not feeling right. The nurse called my doctor and he came and seriously accused me of faking chest pains to get them out sooner so i could go home like wtf... He even threatened to call CPS on me "because I was endangering my unborn children by insisting he get them out now" (which I wasn't I just wanted him to check out my concerns and the chest pain to be sure I was ok) I knew something wasn't right with my own health and apparently I was right. I fired him and told him to get out of my room and the nurse called one of his partners (there were three docs in his office I had seen all three.) The other doctor came listened to my concerns and immediately ordered a bunch of heart tests on me. I was being rushed into surgery for c-section within an hour hubby barely made it he had left during my altercation with the doctor.
Shadowgirl123
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Twice a week seems a bit cumbersome to me, but I’d do t this first week and see why the results are. If everything looks good I’d ask to go once a week or as needed if you feel off.

I had them with my oldest from week 32 on for growth restriction, which was actually a side effect of NAIT. They weren’t bad at all. Got crackers and sprite and watched tv with my feet up at the hospital haha!

With my youngest I only had an nst after the amino right before my csection. We were checking to make sure her lungs were good at 36 weeks (recommended delivery range for NAIT and my oldest came at 37 weeks) I did however have weekly biophysical profiles, monitored for low fluid and once a week 8 hour ivig infusions from week 20-32 and twice a week from 32-36. That stuff was horrible but worth it. Fun fact, audiable gives you a couple free credits when you do a trial and you can get “the stand” by Stephen King... and it’s 40+ hours lmao! Made the time go by faster!
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had gestational diabetes, and I had a previous stillbirth, so I was a high risk. They did an NST on me twice a week. At 38 weeks they couldn't get a good heartbeat, and they sent me for an ultrasound. That's how we found out he flipped around. I didn't mind it, because it gave me peace of mind, but if it's not something you want to do, then I guess don't do it?

Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

anonforever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 pm

yeah, my doctor kept telling me he expected to see me in a wheelchair at my next appointment because it was quite the trek up from the parking garage to his office. I honestly believe it was my staying active that helped me keep them in as long as I did. I never needed that wheelchair I walked up to his office the day he admitted me one week before they were born. I stayed in the hospital for a week on bedrest until the day they were born I woke up and just didn't feel right. I started having chest pains and just not feeling right. The nurse called my doctor and he came and seriously accused me of faking chest pains to get them out sooner so i could go home like wtf... He even threatened to call CPS on me "because I was endangering my unborn children by insisting he get them out now" (which I wasn't I just wanted him to check out my concerns and the chest pain to be sure I was ok) I knew something wasn't right with my own health and apparently I was right. I fired him and told him to get out of my room and the nurse called one of his partners (there were three docs in his office I had seen all three.) The other doctor came listened to my concerns and immediately ordered a bunch of heart tests on me. I was being rushed into surgery for c-section within an hour hubby barely made it he had left during my altercation with the doctor.
I’d have fired the asshole too! Well you make me feel a bit silly for feeling so awful, I’ve only got one baby in there lol
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:36 am
anonforever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:18 pm

I’d have fired the asshole too! Well you make me feel a bit silly for feeling so awful, I’ve only got one baby in there lol
You are not silly for worrying, one or 7 babies it doesn't matter. That's your child in there and it's totally understandable to be worried and afraid. Just try not to let it stress you too much :) because then that can bring on a whole new set of issues.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sounds excessive to me too. I had my last at 40yrs old and never had a stress test even once and I had GD too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic