I don't want to kick her out this close to her birthday

Unread post

My dd will be 19 in about 2 weeks. We've been on her ass about getting a job but she isn't even looking. Last week dh told her she has two weeks to start looking and prove she is looking or she is out of our house. She was told to stay home all week and start looking for a job. She isn't home today. She was also told she needs to be home tonight and tomorrow because i am off work and i told her i am taking her to put in application. We'll see if she comes home tonight. All she does is run the streets. She comes home long enough to eat, shower sleep for a couple hours and she is gone again. I just sent her a shit load of job on indeed that she can apply for. She hasn't even seen them.

I told her Saturday that she is almost 19 yrs old and she isn't doing shit with her life. She won't go back to school or get a job. I said i don't know if you are waiting for prince charming to come around and support her but with the guys she dates i don't see that happening since she dates losers with no job, no car and no olace to live that she needs to grow up and start taking care of herself because I am getting tired of supporting my adult child. I told her in 10 yrs you're going to look back and regret not doing shit with her life.

I told her that i get she is young and wants to have fun and that is understandable but she needs to find a way to balance having a fun life and and an adult life because adults work and support themselves .
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She needs tough love. Hopefully she learns from it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is she doing while she is out?

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm What is she doing while she is out?
Hanging with friends that is all i know.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 pm
With no money?

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 pm
With no money?
They find stuff to do that doesn't cost money.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have had a job since I was 16. I cannot imagine being 18 almost 19 with no money no job.

Your DD needs some tough love. She cant be a bum.
Anon

Unread post

Just have her served with a 30 day notice to leave the premises. You will have to legally evict her, she's not going to go quietly
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I get that you want to light a fire under her, but I have to say, you really sound derogatory toward your daughter. Tough love is one thing, but you might want to encourage her rather than shame her.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd rent a pod and move her bedroom furniture out into the pod. Then I'd tell her to let me know what her new address is so I can deliver the pod to her new place. Then I'd change the locks on the door.
Locked Previous topicNext topic