About to find out if I could ever live in a tiny house.

Unread post

Is your house structurally unsound?
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good luck.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck.
disgruntledferret
Villein
Villein

Unread post

We live in a camper. 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 27' camper. We love it, even the kids love it.

Let us know what happens
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've lived in a dorm room. That was as small as I ever want to go.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I could go for a smaller house but not a tiny one.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:55 pmGood luck.

Unread post

We have 7 children and have 1,796 sq feet of living space. Too small for us. We did however make the garage a rec/play room and gained another 492 sq feet that way. Definitely helped.

Good luck to you.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:21 pm Is your house structurally unsound?
No, my husband was putting in a wall in the basement to make another bedroom and his not so handyman brother accidentally put a hole in one of the existing walls, which turned out to be a good thing because they found mold inside the wall. That needs to get cleaned out, especially since one of my kids who will be in that bedroom when it's finished has asthma, but that also means opening up asbestos. We have to get the asbestos removed now and since we're already doing that we decided to use the chance to have some removed from the kitchen. It is safely sealed there right now, but we would like to eventually do some renovations in there and need that gone first. While this is all happening the kitchen is unusable and we don't want the kids around it until it's all cleaned up.

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:42 am
Guest wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:21 pm Is your house structurally unsound?
No, my husband was putting in a wall in the basement to make another bedroom and his not so handyman brother accidentally put a hole in one of the existing walls, which turned out to be a good thing because they found mold inside the wall. That needs to get cleaned out, especially since one of my kids who will be in that bedroom when it's finished has asthma, but that also means opening up asbestos. We have to get the asbestos removed now and since we're already doing that we decided to use the chance to have some removed from the kitchen. It is safely sealed there right now, but we would like to eventually do some renovations in there and need that gone first. While this is all happening the kitchen is unusable and we don't want the kids around it until it's all cleaned up.
Oh my goodness, I'm glad they found the mold. Asbestos removal used to be very expensive. I hope the cost of removal has come down.
Locked Previous topicNext topic