DS got fired because his phone didnt change for DST

Unread post

DST started where he lives and for some reason his phone didnt change the time. It was supposed to go forward an hour but it didnt. His alarm was set for 7 am but by the time it went off it was already 8 and by the time he got in his car to go to work and he noticed the time didnt change on his phone he was really late

He tried calling them to explain but they told him not to bother coming in. He just started working there last week and he is still in his orientation period (where they can fire him anytime for any reason)

It just sucks because he left his last job for this one and now he cant go back. It sucks but I told him relying on technology only is usually not a good idea.

I just hope he finds a new job soon. His rent payment is really expensive and I dont think his savings will last long. I am sure he will be fine but I cant help but worry for him
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, it's tough, but that's life. Daylight savings happens the same time every year, he should have been more responsible about it.

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 pm Well, it's tough, but that's life. Daylight savings happens the same time every year, he should have been more responsible about it.
He checked his phone to make sure the settings were right and he thought that would be enough. I told him to get a couple alarm clocks next time so it wont ever happen again. You can never put too much trust in your phone
Anon9

Unread post

Hmmmmmm ...first it was hecause the lazy sm wouldnt drive him and.now because of DST
You guys just dont F***ing try anymore
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hmmm....what country? Most countries do not start DST until Oct. 28th, the reat are Nov. 4th. Only one is in September and that is Iran.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:36 pm Hmmm....what country? Most countries do not start DST until Oct. 28th, the reat are Nov. 4th. Only one is in September and that is Iran.
It is the first sunday in October here in Australia (at least in some parts)

I know they do it in September in New Zealand
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:36 pm Hmmm....what country? Most countries do not start DST until Oct. 28th, the reat are Nov. 4th. Only one is in September and that is Iran.
Lol, it's always Australia 😀
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gotcha. The only place that I saw was 1 island in AU so I was curious.

Guest wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There is 1 place there that started today..other than that, what I see there is no DST in 2018 anywhere else in AU.

It is always AU isn't it? 😂
CandTmom wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm
Lol, it's always Australia 😀
Claire

Unread post

Most of australia has DST but not every state/territory
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 pm Gotcha. The only place that I saw was 1 island in AU so I was curious.

Guest wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic