I am sitting here alone today trying to make sense of the shit in my head

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

or better yet, avoid relationships altogether.
for a long time.
I've noticed that when I am single, I have a ton of personal growth, and it slams to a halt when I'm in a relationship.
I'm actually super glad my SO is 3000km away and we only see each other a few days of the month - if he was here full time, my world would revolve around him and I wouldn't be doing all the things I'm doing now.

you don't need a man to validate your existence, revel in being single and enjoy being alone and just focus on yourself and the kids

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:17 pm Just take your time the next time you meet someone. You jumped into marriage way too fast last time. He was basically a rebound. Play it slow next time and you'll be okay.
Bubbs wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am
Guest wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am You said that last time, too.

Instead of making definitive statements about the future, maybe just focus on the right-now. You never know what the future holds

I did say that last time & I thought that him being in my life exactly when he was was supposed to be. I now know better. It is true that I don’t know what the future holds, my friends say the same thing. Unless I can get to a point where I trust myself & then in turn can trust others. I shouldn’t inflict myself on anyone else.
Right now I can’t see myself trusting anyone not after the hell I’ve been through, twice.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:56 am or better yet, avoid relationships altogether.
for a long time.
I've noticed that when I am single, I have a ton of personal growth, and it slams to a halt when I'm in a relationship.
I'm actually super glad my SO is 3000km away and we only see each other a few days of the month - if he was here full time, my world would revolve around him and I wouldn't be doing all the things I'm doing now.

you don't need a man to validate your existence, revel in being single and enjoy being alone and just focus on yourself and the kids

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:17 pm Just take your time the next time you meet someone. You jumped into marriage way too fast last time. He was basically a rebound. Play it slow next time and you'll be okay.
Bubbs wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am

I did say that last time & I thought that him being in my life exactly when he was was supposed to be. I now know better. It is true that I don’t know what the future holds, my friends say the same thing. Unless I can get to a point where I trust myself & then in turn can trust others. I shouldn’t inflict myself on anyone else.
Right now I can’t see myself trusting anyone not after the hell I’ve been through, twice.
That is my plan. I need to just be on my own. Figure out who I am, enjoy my kids, finish college and just do my own thing for awhile. I’m probably just bitter but I think it’s time for me to just be. And IF I get to a place that someone would add not take away from the life I want. Maybe but I have shit to do 😀
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic