I am sitting here alone today trying to make sense of the shit in my head

eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It didn't break you, now it'll make you stronger.
Lesson learned.
RedBottoms

Unread post

CMrefugee wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm You jumped into this marriage too soon after ending the first one. You should have taken time to learn to enjoy just being you- alone, without a man for a while. But what's done is done. Don't be too hard on yourself. At least you figured this shit out within 2 years and not 12, not 20.

My advice is not to jump into another relationship for a while. Take some time to heal, take care of yourself and keep it moving.
this. I am sorry your relationship is not going to work out. Please get into therapy and work on yourself and being your BEST self so that in the future if the right man comes along-you will be able to know that and act accordingly.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You're not a horrible person. It's hard to see what's going on, even if you live in the middle of it. I lived like that with my first husband for way too long. I never knew what kind of mood he was going to be in, or if he was going to start a fight that day. Luckily we didn't have children. What matters is that you got your kids out of that situation. Your head and your heart are never going to agree on things like this, because love is blind. Go with your gut, and don't look back.

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 pm I hate it when people say “ children are resilient” they are not.

I’m glad you left him nonetheless. Sounds like it was for the better.
I’m going to get us in counseling so hopefully they can get out of this with minimal damage. I couldn’t let him continue to live here and treat everyone horribly
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 pm
CMrefugee wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm You jumped into this marriage too soon after ending the first one. You should have taken time to learn to enjoy just being you- alone, without a man for a while. But what's done is done. Don't be too hard on yourself. At least you figured this shit out within 2 years and not 12, not 20.

My advice is not to jump into another relationship for a while. Take some time to heal, take care of yourself and keep it moving.
this. I am sorry your relationship is not going to work out. Please get into therapy and work on yourself and being your BEST self so that in the future if the right man comes along-you will be able to know that and act accordingly.
Yes I am in therapy and going to work on just enjoying my life and embracing being single. I don’t want anyone to come along. It’s never worth the potential heartbreak. I told myself when I jumped into this, that this was my last try. I’m going to be amazing on my own.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No judgement, I take my Hat & panties off to you for doing g what's best for you and your family....Best of Luck!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:36 am

Yes I am in therapy and going to work on just enjoying my life and embracing being single. I don’t want anyone to come along. It’s never worth the potential heartbreak. I told myself when I jumped into this, that this was my last try. I’m going to be amazing on my own.
and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm You get no judgment from me. We all do the best we can.

Unread post

You said that last time, too.

Instead of making definitive statements about the future, maybe just focus on the right-now. You never know what the future holds

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am You said that last time, too.

Instead of making definitive statements about the future, maybe just focus on the right-now. You never know what the future holds

I did say that last time & I thought that him being in my life exactly when he was was supposed to be. I now know better. It is true that I don’t know what the future holds, my friends say the same thing. Unless I can get to a point where I trust myself & then in turn can trust others. I shouldn’t inflict myself on anyone else.
Right now I can’t see myself trusting anyone not after the hell I’ve been through, twice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic