I am sitting here alone today trying to make sense of the shit in my head

mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Narcissists, and abusers, make you believe you are the crazy one.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm glad you left him, that is the most important thing. Not why didn't you leave sooner, not why did you marry him, etc.

You left him, and now you can begin your peaceful life. Be proud.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. You're not alone in this. It helps to talk about it and it's also very courageous. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Take care and huge hugs.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LetHerGo wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 pm Well, sitting here 6 years out of an abusive marriage of 15 years...I still miss parts of him. He was my dream come true, solemate, rescuer, my life, and everything. He turned brutally cruel towards me. But call it Stockholm’s syndrome or what you will I admired him because to me he was the most intelligent and capable person I’d ever met. I was just fooled. So I blame my continued desire to be with him on being brainwashed.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I really thought he was my soulmate. That he understood me in ways no one else has. I understand that it was all part of the narcissism and how he shows people what he thinks that they want to see. And he was abusive and I should be glad I made it out, and I am in a lot of ways. It is so much better for everyone that he is out of the house. All of that doesn't help my heartbreak though.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

TrouserMouse wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:14 pm None of us are perfect. You are working on correcting your mistakes. You will be okay. You may be the inspiration someone else needs to take that first step.
I think that’s why I decided to share. If I can help someone else I’d like that.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

I have nothing but love and respect for you. Sending *hugs*.. ♥
LetHerGo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 am
LetHerGo wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 pm Well, sitting here 6 years out of an abusive marriage of 15 years...I still miss parts of him. He was my dream come true, solemate, rescuer, my life, and everything. He turned brutally cruel towards me. But call it Stockholm’s syndrome or what you will I admired him because to me he was the most intelligent and capable person I’d ever met. I was just fooled. So I blame my continued desire to be with him on being brainwashed.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I really thought he was my soulmate. That he understood me in ways no one else has. I understand that it was all part of the narcissism and how he shows people what he thinks that they want to see. And he was abusive and I should be glad I made it out, and I am in a lot of ways. It is so much better for everyone that he is out of the house. All of that doesn't help my heartbreak though.
I had to see a therapist for a few years. She told me this was normally feelings. Not that I should go back but it’s normal to feel this way. Most people do not understand why abused women stay or go back. I do. It psychologically screws with you. My ex’s therapist told me my x was narcissistic and it was dangerous to go back home to him. HIS therapist whom I just met told me that.

I feel fortunate to have had people who cared around me. If I hadn’t had that support I might have returned.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Im really sorry you have been going through this. It had to be tough.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Everyone makes mistakes but as long as you're learning from them you have nothing to be ashamed of.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Like I've told you before, we all make mistakes and the important thing is that you got out before it got worse. Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up and keep moving forward. You got this!
Locked Previous topicNext topic