she found a loop hole

wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She checked with the dean and it's fine. Contrary to some of the replies here, this is not a big deal. There are problems with schools these days, this is not one of them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lilysma719 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:48 am I would not be proud of my dd for that.
I don't see the problem. She asked the dean if she can use the makeup after she is cleared to go inside. He said yes. If she never asked then that's an issue. But she did.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's dumb that she can't go to school wearing it but can put it on at school. What's the difference?

My son used to tell me he was not *running* in the house. He was *walking fast* because he knows he isn't allowed to run.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msgme wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 am I'd tell her no. They have those rules for a reason.
The rule is in place because they need to know who is coming into the building. She will not be breaking any rules. She even checked with the dean to make sure.
She found a loophole in the wording. There are still other reasons why she shouldn't have her face covered, even if it's not "the rules." In an emergency, like a fire drill, they need to be able to quickly and easily identify kids.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:56 pm It's dumb that she can't go to school wearing it but can put it on at school. What's the difference?

My son used to tell me he was not *running* in the house. He was *walking fast* because he knows he isn't allowed to run.
It's because they need to know who is entering the building. On Halloween especially and random times throughout the year they check IDs when the kids enter. If she is disguising her face they can't be sure she is a student that belongs in the school.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:44 pm
msgme wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 am I'd tell her no. They have those rules for a reason.
The rule is in place because they need to know who is coming into the building. She will not be breaking any rules. She even checked with the dean to make sure.
She found a loophole in the wording. There are still other reasons why she shouldn't have her face covered, even if it's not "the rules." In an emergency, like a fire drill, they need to be able to quickly and easily identify kids.
which is why she went to the dean to make sure it would be okay. Had the dean told her no she would of let it go.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smart kid. Ignore the nay sayers. She asked the dean, I don’t see the problem. It’s not like she plotted to do this without permission.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smart kid. When will she have time for all that make up though?
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She got an ok from the Dean. She is not breaking a rule.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:15 am Awesome we need more self entitled kids in the world that think they're above the rules.
Above what rules? She asked the Dean and he said it was ok. People who want to break rules don't usually go around asking for the ok.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic