Girls coat?

silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My dd who is 9 wears a 14/16 in girls shirts (she is bit chubby but the doctor is not concerned. She should be hitting a growth spurt soon) and the bigger shirts allow for shrinking lol. Anyway I like buying coats a tad bigger so if need be they can wear jackets underneath. But I cannot find a 16/18 coat. Would it be okay to buy her a womans small?
Please no bashing her weight. She is not obese and she just had a checkup. She does not overeat and she gets plenty of exercise. She gets more exercise than my skinny 11 year old son. Most of the weight is in her hips and belly area.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would get whatever fits her and she likes.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

It would be okay as long as it's the same style as other girls her age are wearing.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm I would get whatever fits her and she likes.
This.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, even look into an XS.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

silverdawn99 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm My dd who is 9 wears a 14/16 in girls shirts (she is bit chubby but the doctor is not concerned. She should be hitting a growth spurt soon) and the bigger shirts allow for shrinking lol. Anyway I like buying coats a tad bigger so if need be they can wear jackets underneath. But I cannot find a 16/18 coat. Would it be okay to buy her a womans small?
Please no bashing her weight. She is not obese and she just had a checkup. She does not overeat and she gets plenty of exercise. She gets more exercise than my skinny 11 year old son. Most of the weight is in her hips and belly area.
Just look up girls plus size clothes. Many brands and basic mall stores make roomier coats for kids and then you don't have to worry about sleeves being too long, etc.

Unread post

Take her to a store and have her try coats on, even if you’re planning to buy it online or whatever.

My dd jumped from girls 12/14 straight to women’s medium. I really don’t understand how that happened.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What do you mean is it ok?
Just buy what fits
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You buy what fits.
TrouserMouse